Consideredexperienced professionalsin the inventory planning space withcomprehensive and thorough knowledge to useunder some oversightin conductingmoderatelycomplexinventory planning activities and projects (small-medium size and scope) for transferred and purchased finished goods across CAN NA Network. Responsible formanagingmultiple finished good product lines or siteswithmedium impacton working capital and customer service levels, andall planning horizons.This includes inventory planning, process development, planning & execution, customer & client interaction / business partnership, systems/data management, reporting & analysis.This role works closely with leaders and individual contributors within the Business Operations, Supply Chain, and Risk Management and Sourcing teams in order to design and operate the transferred and purchased finished goods supply chain most efficiently and effectively.
55% Accountability Category #1: Inventory and Inventory Planning
• With some direction, maintains data relevant to inventory planning activities including capacity, constraint, logistics, supplier, planning calendar, material and location data. Incorporates other relevant strategies and works in direct collaboration with other functional areas necessary in determining strategies to optimize total costs, working capital (inventory investment) and customer service level performance.
• Uses comprehensive and thorough knowledge of supply chain and business acumen as needed to support Cargill Integrated Business Planning (CIBP) process, Network Design and Optimization projects and processes, and serve as project owner (small-medium size and scope) or in support of other strategic supply chain projects (e.g., Accelerated Continuous Improvement) as needed
• Performs routine data maintenance relative to inventory planning, including maintenance of accurate markets/costs on distributed and purchased finished goods.
• Provides appropriate issue resolution of tactical issues in all planning horizons, including involving the appropriate functional areas in decisions
• With minimal guidance, generate and execute cycle stock and safety stock plans for assigned transferred and purchased finished goods product line(s) or locations, utilizing the approved finished good supply plan inputs
• With some oversight, create and review assigned transferred and purchased finished goods inventory plans for assigned product line(s) or locations. Communicate the inventory plans to Production Planning, Plant Ops, Suppliers (Contract Manufacturers) and Customer Operations teams including a review of shortages or concerns and providing potential solutions for the business to review when finished good delivery does not meet inventory requirements.
• With some oversight, create orders for network distribution moves and purchases and communicate to transportation logistics for execution
• Evaluates inventory plans and needs for assigned product line(s) or locations on a daily basis and works with Production Planning, Plant Operations, Suppliers (Contract Manufacturers), Customer Operations, and peers to develop plans to service customers through any shortages.
• With minimal assistance manage inventory levels to expected volume, customer service levels, and working capital targets. Provide solutions when business parameters change, requiring a change to inventory expectations.
25% Accountability Category #2: Integrated Business Planning
• With some support, provide Inventory Plans for assigned finished good product line(s) or locations as input into the Cargill Integrated Business Planning (CIBP) Process
• Uses thorough knowledge to execute follow up action items from CIBP meetings as assigned with minimal assistance
10% Accountability Category #3: Business Performance Management/Metrics
• Provides input for Inventory Planning metrics targets
• Analyzes actual vs. target measures for assigned product line(s) or locations or as an assigned process and metric subject matter expert
• Provides assistance by performing root cause analysis and developing action plans to close gaps between target and actual measures/process deviations
• Provides assistance to continual Inventory Planning process improvement focus
10% Accountability Category #4: PEOPLE, TALENT & BUDGET MANAGEMENT
• Provides informal coaching and/or training to new hires and cross-functional teammates on general Inventory Planning processes, systems, or data, including coaching Cargill core values and assigned processes and/or metric subject matter expertise areas.
• May participate in selection of supply chain planning employees and provide input on plans for future workforce needs.
If selected for an interview you will be required to submit your past two performance reviews.
This position is posted internally as well as externally.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
• Bachelor’s degree or 3 (or more) years of work experience, plus 2 years’ experience in Supply Chain &/or Inventory Planning, Procurement/Purchasing, Sourcing, Pricing, Formulation, Customer Service and/or Operations Experience
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills – Pursue and reinforce collaboration with internal and external partners as well as clearly and efficiently communicate across broad audience
• Demonstrated excellence in analytical problem-solving skills
• Ability to understand both business and technology; strong conceptual skills to develop solutions and identify and support continuous improvements in process, systems, data, and knowledge/training
• Understanding of managing costs, performance metrics and identified process improvements
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with history of successful collaborative engagement and ability to manage tasks and projects of small to medium size and scope to deliver results within deadlines
• Strong organizational skills, self-motivation and high accountability with ability to make sound decisions with minimal supervision
• Intermediate MS Excel and other MS Office applications level
Supply Chain ManagementFeed & NutritionDay JobQuentin HooverShirley Acuna
• Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Transportation and Logistics, Supply Chain or similar discipline (examples include but are not limited to Operations, Accounting/Finance, Marketing, Food Science, Agriculture, etc.)
• ERP application experience and SAP knowledge and experience, including advanced supply chain planning systems (e.g., IBP, APO)
• Experience with production, purchasing, and inventory control concepts and processes
• Experience working with outside suppliers and contractors