All applicants must be eligible to attain a Public Trust Security Clearance to be considered for this position.
Compass Strategy Solutions, LLC is a Small Woman Owned Government Contracting business specializing in law enforcement support services for the Federal Government. Join a team of experienced professionals and a fast-growing business. We offer competitive benefits. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
In this role, you will analyze data and prepare reports to advance the client agency’s mission of preventing illegal trafficking and money laundering. You must be able to mine data government databases, clean, process and analyze data, and generate reporting of financial data gathered by public records, legal processes, law enforcement and intelligence agencies. Finally, you will communicate with the team the data, using the most appropriate charts and visualizations, in presentations and briefings.
Responsibilities and Duties
The responsibilities and duties of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Provide investigative support to money laundering investigative team.
- Prepare and interpret accounting data and reports.
- Develop and produce computer generated reports and special data sheets for financial/forfeiture analysis.
- Prepare general correspondence such as memoranda, letters, reports, electronic messages, requisition forms, and a variety of government forms.
- Prepare investigative financial charts (bank account links, wire transfer analysis).
- Log and enter into databases pertinent information gleaned from financial analysis and investigative reports.
- Gather and prepare statistical data.
- Use tools that aggregate data and facilitate analysis.
- Provide analytical support and case assessments to the agency’s priority investigations as determined by OD management; support will include, but not be limited to: FinCEN inquiries, agency-specific internal database searches, open source database searches, and bank account analysis/processing of grand jury information.
- Process and organize data (bank statements, financial reports) obtained by the field via the proper legal process in order to provide field support for executing seizure warrant on said assets.
- Maintain detailed case documentation and electronic files of financial records and work products related to the investigation.
- Document the results of analysis in agency-specific reports and provide briefings to the investigative team on the conclusions.
- Assist agency specific Special Agents with case presentations to prosecutors on the results of their financial analysis.
- Provide financial profiles of individuals and groups.
- Utilize various computer applications to review and interpret a vast number and variety of financial transactions, and other corporate business, and financial processes, associations, and record-keeping systems.
- Produce in-depth financial investigative reports and exhibits. Participate in subject and witness interviews. Testify as an expert witness in criminal proceedings.
- Provide expertise relevant to prosecution of financial crimes.
- Provide expertise relevant to the forfeiture/seizure of assets (criminal/civil).
- Provide asset forfeiture expertise, civil and criminal, to both agency Headquarters and field components.
- Review and assess active money laundering investigations in order to identify trends, investigative cross-overs, and provide added oversight with regards to agency-specific undercover money laundering activities.
- Assist special agents by conducting analyses of seized records to determine the amount of illegal proceeds subject to forfeiture, assets derived from illegal proceeds subject to forfeiture; and/or assets involved in money laundering that are subject to forfeiture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting; OR
- Minimum of two years’ experience in law enforcement with specific experience in the field of conducting anti-money laundering investigations (issuing grand jury subpoenas, financial analysis, executing financial seizure warrants, correspondent banking, etc.); OR
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in the field of auditing, accounting, and/or finance in the private sector.
The Contract Employee must:
- Be able to organize and conduct detailed examinations of information generated during complex criminal/civil investigations and information available through alternative sources, for the purpose of conducting financial analyses of personal/business assets of targeted organizations/individuals.
- Use information obtained as a result of the financial analysis prepares documentation for use by law enforcement personnel pursuing civil and criminal matters.
- Possess strong oral and verbal communication.
- Have experience in the areas of planning, conducting and participating in complex investigations in a specialized area of expertise such as prosecution, forfeiture, organized crime, drug, money laundering, or similar area of criminal activity.
- Be able to learn investigative techniques including the use of commercial software programs (Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and other sources of information.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Valid Driver’s License required. Local travel in the immediate area likely; possible out of area travel when required by government customer and approved in advance by the company.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.