Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career sitehere.
The Investment Associate supports Intermountain's mission and vision by fostering commercial innovations that can transform healthcare at Intermountain and beyond. This position supports Intermountain Ventures' investment team with a focus on sourcing deals and conducting market research and due diligence.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Sources and screens deals, conducts research, and performs due diligence.
- New Business Development Opportunities:
- Performs industry and competitive research. Drafts opportunity memos. Collaborates with evaluation team to recommend potential pilots as appropriate, and evaluate financial opportunity for potential pilots. Identifies potential new investment opportunities, under direction of senior investment team.
- Due Diligence and Documentation:
- Conducts research and interviews with company management, financial sponsors, industry participants, and company customers and clients. Performs valuation analysis using comparable company data, proprietary financial models and, if applicable, discounted cash flow analysis. Constructs detailed financial models, including optimal capital structure, purchase price, adjustments and sensitivities to economic conditions. Collaborates with implementation team and internal Intermountain stakeholders as needed to assess potential risks and synergy opportunities. Works with legal counsel on legal due diligence and other transactional related close items. Drafts investment memos and ongoing portfolio company updates.
- New Business Development Opportunities:
- 2. Assists in the management of portfolio companies post-investment. Conducts risk assessments on potential and ongoing portfolio investments. Escalates identified risks to leadership. Supports additional funding decisions and exit strategy analyses.
- 3. Represents fund-related activities externally. Attends industry conferences and other related events. Actively networks with leading investment firms to source deals.
- 4. Ensures high quality data and reporting. Consistently enters and updates activities into Salesforce, Workfront, and other databases as needed. Ensures all data is up to date in time for weekly reporting. Supports weekly and monthly performance reporting.
- 5. Supports investment analyst work, as applicable. Reviews investment analyst opportunity memos, financial models, and investment memos, and provides feedback.
- 6. Supports additional Intermountain Venture projects as needed.
- Wage:commensurate with experience
- Benefits Eligible:Yes
- Shift Details: Full Time
- Department: Intermountain Ventures
- Bachelor's degree. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- Two years of experience at a major venture capital firm, consulting firm, or investment bank.
- Strong Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong understanding of research, presentation development, and valuation methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong financial modeling skills.
- Experience balancing multiple projects and priorities, moving quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience teaming with various system stakeholders to identify needs and opportunities and source solutions.
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other IT equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Master's of Business Administration (MBA) or other related field (e.g., Finance). Education must be obtained from an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- Five years in asset management, corporate or business development, financial services, investment banking, mergers, acquisitions or divestitures, venture capital or management consulting.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Location: US-UT-Salt Lake City
Activation Date: Thursday, March 21, 2019
Expiration Date: Wednesday, June 12, 2019