U.S. Investment Banking Analysts are directly involved in the design, origination, structuring and execution of mergers & acquisitions, equity and debt capital markets, leveraged finance and other global products and services for existing and prospective Mizuho clients. An Analyst is expected to understand the implications, identify key industry and product trends and provide input on pitch and deal materials to enhance the ultimate deliverable to our clients.
Analysts are assigned to a variety of projects and are given a broad range of responsibilities, some of which include:
- Conduct extensive quantitative economic, industry and company research and analysis
- Draft and prepare pitch books with detailed industry materials for multiple technology sectors
- Conduct and model a broad range of corporate finance alternatives and due diligence for client transactions including M&A, strategic alternatives, capital structure development, acquisition finance and syndicated loan and capital market financing
- Financial modeling, valuation, comparable & relative value analyses and market-specific analysis
- Facilitate and coordinate product group idea generation and solutions development across a broad platform of global capabilities
- Draft client pitches and marketing materials including M&A, public/private debt & equity capital markets, syndicated bank financing, and other internal documentation by coordinating internal and external resources
- Assist in financing structuring, underwriting transaction evaluation, preparation, due diligence and execution
- Assist in the development and continued cultivation of client relationships
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Economics and a minimum of 1 year corporate finance and capital markets experience with a top tier global bank
- Knowledge of corporate finance, securities, financial markets and risk & pricing analysis
- Aptitude to synthesize large amounts of information and develop innovative ideas and/or product solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Maturity and good judgement in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to convey ideas
- Creativity and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work independently and must be able to work effectively in a team environment
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho’s operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.