At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Finance, we’re responsible for the Bank’s financial health. We work with teams across First Republic to set growth strategies, explore initiatives, stay ahead of market trends, monitor risk and ensure compliance with the latest regulatory requirements.
The Investment Operations Analyst will be part of the Bank’s Investment Operations Team, providing support for a variety of responsibilities within the group, such as trade input and generating reports on the investment portfolio’s system of record, supporting the monthly and quarterly pricing and reporting requirements, and various other operational tasks to support the Bank’s $17B+ investment portfolio. The candidate will work with the team to ensure processes are completed timely and in accordance with established controls; as such, the candidate will need to build strong internal relationships within the Bank, specifically with the Accounting and Financial Reporting Teams. The candidate will also provide support in preparing committee level materials and addressing various ad-hoc requests from Executive Management.
What you’ll do as an Investment Operations Analyst:
- Ensure trades made for the Bank’s investment portfolio are entered into the Bank’s system of record timely and with requisite documentation.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly & quarterly reports related to the Bank’s investment portfolio.
- Use Excel extensively to support the team in performing regular analytics on the portfolio, such as the monthly pricing of the portfolio, unrealized gains/losses, etc.
- Gain a thorough working knowledge of the Bank’s system of record for the investment portfolio and support the team’s efforts in automating the existing processes and controls.
- Ensure that controls are documented in accordance with set policy & guidelines.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- 3-5 years of experience in investment operations, accounting or finance or related field.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel with an ability to develop summary reporting using SQL.
- Attention to detail and a desire to learn more about the capital markets and the Bank’s investment portfolio.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, solve problems, balance priorities and take ownership of work products.
- A positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.