The Investments Analyst will receive extensive on-the-job training and work as integral part of the Investment/Business Development team in the areas of hotel acquisitions, disposition process, and 3rd party business development. The Junior Analyst, Investments will participate in portfolio management matters that include: monitoring and evaluating investment performance, liaising with professional advisors, interacting with Principals, and participating in strategy meetings.
- Supports market due diligence and underwriting program for potential acquisitions and 3rd party management opportunities; conducts, analyzes and summarizes research of market related to demand drivers, transactional trends, and target asset competitive set.
- Drafts internal/external communications, memos and presentations with high levels of professional institutional quality as directed.
- Assists in updating and building advanced Excel models and reports that evaluate investment opportunity, fundamental economic/industry outlook, and currently owned/operated assets.
- Performs ad-hoc requests for investment community, industry and portfolio-related data and research
- Maintains a level of knowledge of current portfolio operating performance and resourcefully incorporates it into the underwriting process to enhance accuracy.
- Conducts ongoing research of the hotel industry to detect market trends and related information for analysis in defining investment strategies. Draws conclusions and makes recommendations based upon analysis.
- Responsible for assembly and documentation of exhibits and supporting materials for transactional documents.
- Assists with maintaining and organizing various databases and resources pivotal to the Investment group.
- Drafts all initial inputs in the investment analysis and business plan for review and approval.
- Participates in discussions in strategic meetings to discuss investment initiatives and pipeline.
- Performs any other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, ideally with a focus on hospitality real estate.
- 1 year of experience in investment, financial banking or real estate.
- Proven outstanding work and/or academic track record with a demonstrated history of achievement.
- Some exposure to hospitality real estate investment, consulting experience in development, feasibility, hospitality operations, or similar roles (prior job or internships) is preferred.
- Proven quantitative skills (e.g., economics, mathematics, etc.) with strong problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement
- Knowledge of hotel operating metrics and performance capabilities.
- Knowledge of major markets and ability to study then diagnose current supply/demand situation in these markets.
- Proven ability to participate as a team player with other department members and key executives.
- Proven ability to provide constructive feedback to all key contacts within the department.
Occasional travel is limited throughout the US (<10% of time); job requires working nights and weekends when necessary.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.