Investor Relations Manager
The Manager of Investor Relations is a new position. This role is critical to the building and supporting relationships with and between the SBIA and private equity fund managers, institutional limited partners, and investment bankers.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reports to the Director of Business Development
- Works closely with the President of the SBIA
- Provides key leadership in planning and implementation of SBIA direct, person-to-person networking programming between fund managers, institutional limited partners, and investment bankers
- Provides key leadership in planning and implementing small private gatherings with private equity fund managers, institutional limited partners, and investment bankers
- Ensure that only the highest quality investing professionals and the right mix of investing professionalsare attracted to and participating in these events.
- 12to 20 events held across the country
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the SBIA’s membership (private equity fund managers and institutional limited partners) with anemphasis on building lasting relationships with the SBIA
- Support SBIA’s CapitaLinxinvestor matchmaking events
- Work collaboratively with association staff, members, and outside vendors.
- Be a readily available, informed, helpful resource of the needs of SBIA’s fund manager, institutional investor, and investment banker membership as it relates to:
- Political, legislative, and regulatory matters pertaining to private equity;
- Private Equity networking events; and
- Business relationships and relationship needs between funds managers, investment bankers, and institutional limited partners
- Track and maintain data on relationship development and member engagement with CRM software
- Office and industry are fast paced and requires accurate work product produced quickly and in a congenial manner
- Must be able to understand the private equity market and analyze market data
- Provide new ideas for engaging a broader sample of the private equity market
- Significant domestic travel to SBIA and other private equity events
- Execute strategic projects as assigned
Education: BA, BBA, or BS degree required. MBA or Law Degree welcome, but not required
Required Skills: Must be a self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well with all members of the organization; Ability to organize and meet deadlines; Deep interest in learning about the private equity industry serviced by the association;Must have outgoing, positive personality; Ability to promptly and accurately respond to a sophisticated member base; Ability to recognize and maintain confidential information; Polished interpersonal skills; Strong written and oral communication skills; Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications required; Proficiency with SalesForce, ConstantContact, and other software; database experience preferred; Must have ability to organize and meet deadlines; and Ability to travel domestically to the association’s meetings and events.
All applications must be submitted through the Monster.com jobs portal with questionnaire fully completed.