Accurately processes loads released to be invoiced and issue the invoice and other necessary related documentation to customers in a timely manner by performing the following duties:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prints and mails invoices to customers in a timely manner.
- Closely monitors the “Orders on Attachment Hold Report” and maintains that all paperwork needed for attachment to invoices is secured. If not on hand prior to the set number of days from a shipment’s exporting, reaches out to vendors to acquire proper documentation.
• Scans both hard copy and electronic versions of documents, invoices and supporting documents into the company’s document database.
• Accurately label the type of document scanned, i.e., invoice, BOL, POD, etc. so that the correct document as required by the customer is attached to the invoice.
• Closely monitors the “Exported Not Invoiced Report” and provides prompt notification to Department Supervisor/Manager of shipments exceeding the acceptable timeframe for invoicing.
• Assists with other accounting functions and special projects, as necessary or assigned.
• Maintain a professional attitude, attire, and presentation at all times.
• Comply with all company rules, policies, and procedures.
• Work and behave safely by following all safety rules and regulations.
• Perform any task required to support customer requirements and company goals.
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One-year certificate from college or technical school and two or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of all MS Office programs, including Excel and Word software.
- Ability to type thirty (30) or more words per minute and perform 10-key commands.
- Strong ability to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to develop solid working knowledge of intermodal transportation industry.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing customer requests and requirements.
- Ability to manage seasonally-heavy workloads.
- Must possess a working knowledge of MS Office programs or other comparable computer software programs.
- Design – Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Other skills and experience that are preferred but not required
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or four-year degree from college or university preferred.
- Transportation industry and/or invoicing/data entry experience desired.
- One or more years related experience and/or training preferred.