Egencia is Expedia Group’s business travel company. In the same spirit, we are pioneers in the industry. Always solutions oriented, we value human contact. Egencia's teams collaborate globally to provide business travelers with the best possible user experience every single day.
Launched in 2002 as Expedia Corporate Travel, Egencia has become the fourth largest Travel Management Company in the world because of our commitment to delivering a higher standard of corporate travel service and innovative technology. We are successful as a result of our customers' ability to move their businesses ahead, through their valued relationships with our company and more importantly, with our people. Led by an experienced, visionary management team, Egencia has continued to expand its offering of intuitive on-line tools and comprehensive business travel services while maintaining a reputation for great customer service.
You will work on a tight-knit team, including software engineers, designers, product owners, and testers to build features that simplify business travel and travel management for people on the go.
- You will investigate and research potential Mobile iPhone solutions for corporate travel-related features
- You will identify, recommend, and build solutions that address business and customer needs
- You will craft resilient and highly scalable software solutions within the iOS platform and our back-end services that are optimized for speed with low memory requirements
- Use XCTest and XCUITest to contribute to our test automation and overall infrastructure to verify new and existing feature functionality as we continually augment the capabilities of our product
- Monitor app and service performance to ensure minimal downtime and optimal conversion
- You will have the opportunity to review code and mentor other engineers on standard methodologies and processes
- Collaborate with team members throughout Egencia in maintaining a healthy code base, adopting new tools, and managing an efficient CI/CD Pipeline
- Programming frameworks including iOS 12.0 SDK, UIKit, Cocoa Touch framework
- Test frameworks, including XCTest and XCUITest a plus
- Use of CI/CD tools including fastlane, TestFlight and Jenkins a plus
Experience and Qualification:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science
- 3 month's experience in software development with competencies in OO programming, data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience in iOS native app development a plus
- Understanding of full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and test automation, and DevOps
- Desire to communicate with customers, technical teams, and other partners to collect requirements, understand software product features, and technical designs
- Experience writing and maintaining XCTest unit tests a plus
- Experience developing/consuming RESTful services a plus
- Experience implementing A/B testing a plus
- Experience with iOS MVC and MVVM-C a plus
- Experience with git or similar software version control systems a plus
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
Why Join Us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.