As technology advances, more businesses are increasingly relying on Edge computing and IoT and Sensor-based solutions. When coupled with Cloud, AI/ML and Data Analytics capabilities, these solutions can enable new, data-driven insights to help uncover new growth paths. Kimberly-Clark continues to mature its market-leading Smart Products solutions, and the DTS (Digital Technology Solutions) organization is expanding, growing the Digital Innovation & Smart Products team to help lead, design, scale and support these new opportunities.
As a Lead Solution Architect, you will be responsible for the definition, design, and planning for the build and implementation of IoT, Smart Products for our B2B organization. This role is accountable for developing an end-to-end, ecosystems view of the technology platforms, services and strategies in support of the business flows that underpin our customers’ journeys with Smart Products. As such, this position dynamically crosses both organizational and technology boundaries requiring engagement throughout DTS and business teams. In addition, this includes responsibilities for supporting the overall data strategy of Smart Products, which will heavily impact the systems architecture.
KCP B2B has an amazing opportunity to continue leading the market, and DTS is poised to deliver compelling and robust digital capabilities, products, and solutions to support it. This role will have substantial influence in this endeavor. The right person has the experience and background consistent with the design and architecture of IoT/Cloud-based solutions that have gone through multiple iterations, including design, development and launch. This individual is also proactive with stakeholders, a self-starter who can work under broad direction, and is passionate about delivering world-class technology and first-of-a-kind solutions that split existing and emerging capabilities to bring tangible value. If you are excited to make a difference applying cutting-edge technologies to solve real business challenges and add value to a global, market-leading organization, please come join us!
Role will report to a Senior Manager in the Digital Innovation & Smart Products team. Role will not have direct reports but is expected to influence & lead/mentor others as needed.
Travel may include approximately 15% of work time.
Internal: B2B R&E Leaders and Stakeholders, DTS Digital Innovation & Smart Products team, DTS Leaders and Business Partners, Enterprise Architects, Functional & Solution Engineers, Enterprise Data Management, Integration CoE, Cloud CoE, Infrastructure/Hosting and Cyber Security teams.
External: Contractors, Consulting Partners and 3rd Party service providers.
- Partners with the B2B R&E and Business teams to fully understand current demands and future opportunities, to select the right technologies and design the best, most scalable and extensible solution architectures in those areas.
- Works closely with product managers and product owners to translate product requirements into well-designed and implemented solutions for digital products.
- Partners with Enterprise Architecture ensuring alignment with overarching architecture and in identifying approaches and technologies to ensure quality and performance.
- Works in close collaboration with other areas of DTS including but not limited to business partners, capability leads, analytics, and delivery/engineering teams.
- Leads the design of all architecture activities, details system requirements for B2B Smart Product solutions and ensures delivery organizations and partners follows design and adheres to governance.
- Demonstrates flexibility to act as an architect and developer if required.
- Actively participates in writing code and proof-of-concept initiatives, demos, and rapid learning activities.
- Defines and sustains best practices, pre-built templates, processes and technologies to meet/exceed the business needs and create re-usable and cost-effective solutions.
- Understands modern security approaches and how to design them into solutions and actively partners with our Cybersecurity team to align on security approaches and ensure any security review, testing, certification regulatory, privacy & sustainability has been completed and in compliance.
- Works in a fast-paced, agile project environment with small, focused teams. Works with Scrum Masters to provide estimates of project costs and timelines.
- Collaboratively provides ongoing technology thought leadership, insights and recommendations for emerging/innovative solutions. Acts as a disruptive change agent fluidly moving between transformation initiatives and day-to-day business as usual.
- Demonstrates deep learning agility and promotes a learning culture. Acts and influences as a people leader across the organization.
- Takes personal accountability for self-development, while building and developing talent.
- Stay informed on IoT and cloud technologies, understand trends and opportunities to leverage for B2B Smart products.
Required Qualifications and Experiences:
- B.S., B. A. degree. Master’s degree in a related field is preferred but not required.
- 7-10 years of equivalent experience in information technology with complex systems design and development efforts.
- 5 years of experience with IoT & Cloud Solutions; hands-on experience in designing and developing end-to-end IoT solutions.
- Familiarity with various architectural design patterns including elements like: Microservices, API's, event-driven data flows, serverless compute, containers, connectivity, and device management.
- Working proficiency in programming languages and modern cloud development tools including but not limited to: Node.js, C/C++/C#, Java, Python, Azure SDKs, CLI, portal and other tools is required.
- Working knowledge of IoT Modules and Protocols including IoT Hub, IoT Edge, HTTP/TCP, AMQP, MQTT, Web Sockets, Telemetry data processing, File processing, deep knowledge of video files is required.
- Proven track record of creating highly scalable and available cloud services.
- Experienced in designing solutions based on cloud architectures using technical components such as: Azure IoT Hub, serverless computing (e.g. AWS Lambda, Azure Functions), compute (e.g. Kubernetes containers), Cloud-based databases (e.g. Azure database), and raw storage (e.g. storage blobs, S3, etc.).
- Experience in DevOps and CI/CD is required.
- Experience with multi cloud solutions, global deployments, cloud-based distributed application scaling and data processing is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of cloud data and storage technologies, relational and NoSQL databases, Azure platform data ingress and egress processes i.e. Data flow design, Azure Cosmos DB and blob storage, SQL (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL database systems such as Cassandra/DSE, Mongo is preferred.
- Understanding of Big Data and cognitive Services: Machine Learning (ML) and Data Analytics is preferred.
- Familiarity with industry security standards and approaches to designing and building secure IoT products, including but not limited to encryption, identity and access management, authentication, authorization, etc. is preferred.
- Ability to strictly adhere to and enforce development best practices and coding standards is required.
- Experience working with/on Agile and Product teams (e.g. epics, stories, sprints, backlog management, product owners, product engineers, scrum master, etc.).
- Ability to liaison between hardware development team(s), software development team(s), and business team(s); comfortable interfacing directly with SMEs.
- Rapid prototype development and familiarity with iterative prototyping techniques.
- Proficient in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a matrix organization, influencing stakeholders in consultative mode.
- Experience working with Outsourcing and Consulting/Contract partners.
- Strong facilitation skills required. Must display vision and resiliency.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.