- You will collaborate with engineering teams to design, build out and support IT aspects of Internet-of-Things (IoT) environments including lab, Edge Computing, data center and Cloud based environments that support IoT.
- You will be the Subject Matter Expert in one of the focus areas of Security, Identity, Data Integration, Infrastructure or Cloud and have the ability to speak across the remaining areas.
- You will consistently evaluate IoT technologies to shape design of services in consideration of cost, portability, compatibility, or usability factors.
- You will leverage and influence technical strategy and direction for enterprise platforms with supporting CoEs.
- You will champion industry best practices across the globe through industry interaction and change management.
- You will act as a mentor and provide guiding influence to others.
- You will manage projects up to an enterprise level deployment.
- You will set the project implementation approach for customer and external supplier activities and deliverables.
- You will drive decisions and deliverables across teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering is required.
- Minimum 7 years of IT experience.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship.
- Strong Cloud skills, preferably in Azure or AWS.
- Strength in multiple technologies such as Platforms, Network, Identity and Access Management, Cyber Security and Data Management.
- Ability to work with the business to build a complex IoT solution based on the given technologies.
- Develop and communicate new IoT architectures.
- Scripting ability (PowerShell) to enable the automation of environment builds.
- Problems are not well defined and sufficient information may not be available. Requires conceptual thinking to understand complex issues and their implications. Implementation of solutions often requires a longer-term view, consideration of multiple perspectives, and understanding of future impact.
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline is preferred.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Join Eaton’s Information Technology IT team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking an IoT Solution Architect and Engineer to join our Infrastructure Center of Excellence (INFCOE) team. This position is based at our Eaton Center in Beachwood, Ohio. No relocation is being offered for this position. If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate will work remote from another US Eaton Facility or an approved home office.