IP Paralegal - Palo Alto, CAWe are working with a top law firm that seeks an experienced IP Paralegal to join its team. This non-exempt employee assists the attorneys and patent agents in all aspects of patent prosecution work including foreign filings, US prosecution work and docketing.
- Foreign Filings
- Coordinate and file all matters outside of the US
- Communicate and coordinate with foreign counsel
- Ensure responses are completed in a timely fashion
- US Prosecution
- Coordinate IDS preparation and tracking of references
- Review the Notice of Allowance prior to payment of issue fee
- Assist in preparation of declarations, certificates of correction and corrected filing receipts
- File individual actions as needed
- Oversee tracking and maintenance of individual dockets
- Update docket and ensure it is accurate
- File intake and transfers. Prepare status reports and other client-requested reports/tasks. Maintain client correspondence. Assist in the performance of prior art searches and reports related to due diligence and clearance studies.
Handle special projects. Perform other related duties as needed or assigned.
The IP Paralegal reports directly to the Office Administrator or the appropriate Human Resources representative.
- The IP Paralegal must have a minimum of three years patent prosecution experience and should possess the ability to manage a multitude of tasks simultaneously.
- Must be knowledgeable in USPTO and foreign filing processes.
- This employee should be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- The IP Paralegal must possess excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Must have the ability to conduct legal research and translate difficult concepts into simple terms.
- Strong computer proficiency is a must, with particular knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills are a must.
The IP Paralegal must have a paralegal certification from an ABA approved school or bachelor’s degree in a field related to law, administration or liberal arts.
Must be able to move around the office up to 15% of the time to make copies, fax, file, etc. Remains stationary at least 85% of the time. This position constantly operates, computers and other office productivity machines (e.g., fax machine, copier, printer, etc.). Occasionally required to move documents or files weighing up to 15 lbs. This position requires constant communication and exchange of information with the Firm attorneys, clients and staff. This position must be able to inspect and observe information on a computer screen at least 80% of the time.
Office Environment. Overtime Required.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
Talent Acquisition Specialist