The Credit Risk Strategy Manager is responsible for developing risk-based annual testing strategies and plans and performing deep dive analysis to determine target testing areas. This includes summarizing and reporting out results to IRM and business line leadership, tracking issues and remediation. Perform analysis and research including reviewing and evaluating credit risk policies, standards, and procedures, along with developing risk related ad-hoc testing routines with respect to portfolio trends and BL strategies.
IRM's responsibilities include providing an objective, critical assessment of risks and evaluation of whether Ally remains aligned with its risk appetite and risk limits. IRM maintains and implements Ally's risk management framework and independently oversees risk-taking activities, sets parameters representative of a strong risk culture that encourages an informed, measured, disciplined, and balanced approach to risk-taking and fair and honest treatment of customers, counterparties, and employees.
This position is within the Consumer Credit Risk Team and can be located in Lewisville, Detroit, Jacksonville or Charlotte.
* Independently identify, assess, measure, mitigate, control, monitor, test, report, and escalate risks.
* Develop and execute risk-based annual monitoring and testing plans including identification of test areas and creation of test question.
* Partner with Testing team to compile results, draft reports, identify deficiencies in risk management, escalate concerns, log issues into Open Pages and follow issues for remediation.
* Provide SME guidance to CCR team in support of BL compliance with Credit Risk Management framework components.
* Conduct ad-hoc analytics and manage various other independent projects
* Leverage independent view of risks to identify and influence business decisions; serve as a trusted advisor to the business and be an ambassador for Credit Risk.
* Partner with Monitoring team to challenge BL credit policies, standards, procedures and management of risks.
* Identify high risk segments and partner with Data team to determine root cause.
* Advise management on the suitability of risk exposures relative to the Risk Appetite Statement and risk limits
* Conduct ad-hoc analytics and manage various independent project
* Work with the Monitoring and Testing teams to develop data, analysis, tools in support of testing and monitoring efforts.
· 7 years' experience in Risk Management or applicable line of business (e.g., credit operations, testing and monitoring, or audit), preferably in financial services or similar industry.
· 5 years' experience in Auto or Insurance, with experience as a team or process lead, preferred.
· Underwriting and or Servicing experience a plus.
· Data analytics experience a plus.
· Ability to draft executive level presentations / reports to communicate conclusions and recommendations to all levels of management.
· Ability to develop and execute on policy testing and monitoring strategies of consumer auto portfolio.
· Must be self-motivated, willing to take on initiative, and capable of working independently.
· Strong influencing skills and ability to provide advice/direction to all levels of employees and management.
· Must demonstrate ability to assimilate unique business practices / functions with Enterprise level policies.
· Working knowledge of risk management components (e.g., policy/procedures, governance, reporting, risk control self-assessments, loss event capture) in a regulated environment.
· Ability to independently problem solve in scenarios where a precedent does not exist.
· Ability to support multiple assignments and stakeholders, self-prioritize workload and coordinate with teammates to meet deadlines.
· Willingness to challenge conventional wisdom and ability to effectively articulate viewpoint.
· High level of personal integrity, with the ability to handle confidential and otherwise sensitive matters professionally and with the appropriate level of judgement and maturity.
· QC/QA experience a plus.
· Bachelor's degree required.
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally Risk function manages and analyzes our exposure to internal and external risk factors. The group strives to achieve an appropriate balance between risk and return, to limit unnecessary risk, and to protect the company's financial returns.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled