An established property management and development company in San Diego is looking for a landscape irrigation expert to maintain our apartment communities; particularly in large common grounds, pool areas, golf course & recreational grounds. This is often a one person show, so we need someone who can assess, make recommendations, solve problems, and who is also willing to get dirty. This position may require some overtime and does require travel throughout San Diego County.
DUTIES: A typical day would include, but not be limited to the following functions:
Assess Irrigation & Landscape problems, recommending solutions and create repair plan and parts list.
- Perform physical labor.
- May request additional labor and provide supervision and support to laborers, as needed.
- Lawn, shrub and grounds care.
- Apply fertilizers as needed.
- Main line installation and repair, as needed.
- Valve repair / replacement, as needed.
- Timer installation and maintenance.
- Backflow issues.
- Order parts.
- Frequent communication with Management.
REQUIREMENTS: Must have irrigation experience and expertise in the following areas:
1 year or more in design, product selection and hands on installation of irrigation systems.
- 3 years or more experience in maintaining existing irrigation systems.
- 1 year or more main line experience – install and troubleshoot.
- 1 year or more valve repair/replacement experience.
- Experience in commercial, golf course, parks or apartment communities is strongly preferred.
- Must be responsible, dependable and manage time well.
- Knowledge of back flow and/or reclaimed water is strongly preferred but not required.
- Education / Certifications in any of the following are desired but not required: pesticides, herbicides, horticulture, turf management.
- Must be able to understand and speak English, with basic English reading & writing skills.
- Must have reliable transportation, basic tools, valid driver’s license and insurance is required.
- Must have verifiable work history and references.
- You must be able to clear a criminal background check and a drug test.
COMPENSATION – Competitive hourly rate (DOE) mileage benefits after eligibility period