The IAM Analyst Level 1 defines, analyzes, supports, tests and administers business-related technology within a budgeted time frame and cost that will meet departmental requirements by providing access to bank systems. Works with Business Partners to understand and compile data and design the report specifications to match the requirements. Able to translate complex business requirements and concepts into structured reporting. Performs user access reviews, assists with vendor due diligence, and monitors the ticketing system to distribute work to the team and ensure completion. This position also participates in small teams on assignments to accomplish project goals.
This position will be required to perform necessary job duties in a manner that reflects and supports best-in-class service. The importance of accuracy, timeliness and attention to detail is vital to the successful and accurate processing of data requests. Candidates must be able to set priorities and organize requests received throughout the workday. Additional attributes required for success include a strong customer service focus, professionalism, versatile product and process subject matter expertise, responsive, takes ownership, effective communicator, risk aware and good judgment.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
* Manage the incoming requests. Work them or assign them to the appropriate team member and follow up to ensure the tickets are closed in a timely manner.
* GLBA reviews of critical applications including risk and control documentation in conjunction with other IS members
* Monitor security systems along with relevant reports and logs from critical systems, conduct inquiries and escalate anomalies for further investigation as necessary
* Provide reporting of security controls and access for audits and exams as needed
* Develop data extracts to be used for reporting and reviews.
* Liaise with other reporting areas within the Bank.
* Assist with monthly due diligence on current vendors and for new vendors as needed.
* Maintain current procedures and document new processes as needed
* Responsible for alerting management to security issues and making recommendations for resolution.
* Identify and communicate process/procedure improvement opportunities to management.
* Participate in other assignments as directed by the CISO or the ISSM.
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Bachelors Degree.
* Information Security background, preferred.
* Two to four years of banking experience.
* Previous experience with mail encryption, email security systems, or DLP applications is a plus.
* Working knowledge in data and system security techniques and tools.
* Understand and apply knowledge of info security principles and best practices in review of security configurations as it applies to this role.
* Security, ISACA CSX Fundamentals, or other equivalent certification.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Cadence Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary. Cadence Bank is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled