IS Network Engineer-Converged Network Services
This position will provide technical infrastructure and network support to the NCH Information Systems organization. The Network Engineer will play an integral role in ensuring the network is available. The Network Engineer will provide coordination and communication of all planning, designing, installation, maintenance and monitoring of the Enterprise Data Network.
Schedule: (Full Time, Benefits Eligible) This position will also be required being on a 24x7 on-call duty page rotation with flexibility in performing some out of hours and weekend maintenance work.
Why Nationwide Children’s Hospital
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too.Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 13,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot Cisco switches and routers in an enterprise network.
Provide network data collection to support application troubleshooting.
- Participates in assignments and projects with minimal direction from higher level resources
- Participates in the evaluation of new technologies; participates in the recommendations for new hardware/software; and/or modifications that will enhance operating and development activities.
- Work closely with other business units/organizations to implement and complete projects and tasks.
- Participates in assignments and projects with minimal direction from higher level resources.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Systems, Engineering or equivalent is required.
- 3 years of experience in enterprise network support of routing, switching LAN/WAN technologies required.
- CCNA or CCDA preferred.
- Core network competencies to include the engineering & troubleshooting of routing/switching protocols & security services to include: OSPF, GLBP, TCP/IP Packet Analysis, Spanning Tree, Trunking, VLAN & other Layer 2 technologies
- Experience working with WAN circuits and service providers to bring new services into production or troubleshoot existing services.
- UNIX and scripting experience a plus.
- Experience with Avaya or Arista switches a plus.
- Ability to train and lead others; to demonstrate excellent internal and external customer service skills; to communicate well verbally and in written form; to be analytical and to lead projects.
- Excellent project management skills. Ability to plan, organize, and direct a small to medium sized project with little oversight.
- Strong skills in use of PC desktop applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- Ability to flex work schedules and practices to meet job requirements; requires occasional after-hours support and overnight travel
Minimum Physical Requirement:
- Position requires ability to talk, listen and type.
- Position requires the ability to interact effectively with customers and information systems personnel across the organization.
- Position requires the ability to install/relocate/decommission network and UPS equipment