Big City Medicine Without the Traffic!
Our docs love it here for different reasons. Some love the 7 weeks off and the ability to travel the world. Others love the AMAZING gym right down the hallway from their clinic. Many of them love the fact that we have no local competition, but are big enough to have almost all specialties. Some love the four seasons here in Iowa. Many of them love their staff and patients so much, they couldn't imagine working anywhere else. Lots of them love the open door policy with administration. Almost all of them love how easy life is here in Burlington, but how "big city" the health system is. ALL of them LOVE the fact we've been paying all our physicians at 100% throughout the pandemic!
What would you love about working here? Lets find out!! We are looking for a BC/BE General Surgeon that has the vision and motivation to help grow our program here at the award winning Great River Health System in Burlington, IA. We have been ranked as a Top 10 Employer the past three years in Iowa and are the regions largest employer with over 2000 employees. You'll find a comfortable mix of bread and butter surgery as well as some vascular and thoracic surgery if interested. You'll also benefit from Burlington being a truly competition free marketplace with earning potential in the upper $600k's. We are not only the largest General Surgery group in the immediate area, but one of the most respected groups in the entire region.
- Opportunity to practice in an independent, financially sound, state of the art facility.
- Lucrative total compensation pkg in upper MGMA percentiles with incentive package to reward production
- Paid malpractice, signing bonus, relocation assistance, and retirement plan.
- Fully paid Health Care insurance premiums!
- Work in one of the least litigious states with an excellent patient and payor mix. Iowa was recently named the most affordable state to live in!
- Excellent communication and support from administration
- A 380 bed independent, regional, financially stable health system
- Over 140 providers on staff and 2700+ employees – largest employer in the area and rated as a "Top Workplace" in Iowa by the Des Moines Register!
- Production based compensation model enables you to be on equal footing with your partners from day one
- Board certified emergency medicine physicians available 24/7 to staff the ER
- 24/7 IM-Hospitalists to support you in the hospital and ICU
- 7 Weeks Vacation / full benefits / malpractice insurance / $10k for relocation and potential loan forgiveness as well as sign on bonus
- 1:5 call rotation
- Use of our fully appointed gym connected to the clinic with locker rooms, fitness classes and much more
- A vibrant, safe and charming riverfront community with excellent public and private educational and recreational options for families.
- Target, Starbucks, Kohls, Marshalls, Dicks Sporting Goods, Lowes, Menards and a historic riverfront shopping and dining district
- An easy drive to Chicago and St. Louis and 1hr drive to University of Iowa in Iowa City. Daily flights to both St. Louis and Chicago and Amtrak to Chicago.
- Plenty of outdoor fun with 11 municipal parks, a water park and waterfront recreation as well as two of the top ten golf courses in the State of Iowa!
- Iowa is rated the "Best State for Doctors" by wallethub.com
- Option to live in a prestigious gated community with tennis court, golf course, TopTracer Golf Range, pool, and work-out center
- If you are looking to have access to the city, but live in the country, there is plenty of acreage to build your dream home
- 22% lower cost of living and 65% lower home costs in Iowa!
This is a very suburban feeling town with a Mall, Target, Starbucks, Panera, Lowes, Dicks Sporting Goods, Kohls and much, much more.
I show Respect
I am Committed to those we serve
I am Responsible for safety and high performance
I listen and Communicate effectively
I have a sense of Ownership
Empowering People, Transforming Lives and Fulfilling Dreams.... Great River Health System