General Dynamics Electric Boat is the world’s foremost designer and builder of nuclear submarines, the most complex machines made by man. The company’s industry leadership extends back over a century to 1899 when it produced the U.S. Navy's first commissioned undersea warship. Today, Electric Boat prides itself on being the premier shipbuilding company in the industry. We develop and apply state of the art technology to the design and construction of nuclear powered submarines. With a team of highly skilled and dedicated employees, we have successfully taken submarine technology to a new level.
General Dynamics Electric Boat is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Setup and machining of components on manual and CNC lathes, mills, Horizontal Boring machines, multi axis machining centers, wire EDM etc. Precision measurement of part dimensions. Completion of hardcopy and electronic documentation. Work with little to no supervisory experience.
Qualified candidates must have machining experience or training must know how to read blueprints.
Candidates must have had experience with CNC Machining set-up, Programming or Operating to be qualified for this position.
- High school or equivalent education is preferred.
- Tech school graduate desired.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical detail drawings, including GD&T, G&M codes and weld joint symboling
- Proficiency in the use of precision measuring tools
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in shop mathematics
- Must be detail and goal oriented
- Always practice a "Safety First" mentality.
- Candidates who have successfully completed the CT Department of Labor Eastern Workforce Investment Board Training Program are preferred.
- Must be able to use hand tools and portable power tools.
It is required that all candidate are available to work all shifts.
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement