Here we grow again!! Longevity Health Plan of Illinois (LHPI) isseeing amazing success with our new care program, is experiencing faster thanexpected growth, and requires an ISNP Nurse Practitioner Coordinator forour Chicago, IL market.
LHPI is a new Medicare AdvantageInstitutional Special Needs Health Plan (ISNP) specifically available for longterm nursing home residents who live in Chicago and the surrounding counties.Essential to the success of the LHPI is the patient centered Nurse Practitionerclinical model.
The ISNP Nurse Practitioner Coordinator is an essential member of theClinical team providing support to the Longevity Health Plan Nurse Practitionersin the contracted Longevity Health Plan nursing facilities. The day to dayresponsibilities include participating in daily Longevity Health Plan clinicalhuddles, reviewing/rounding at Longevity Health Plan facilities based on huddlefollow up and Nurse Practitioner support needs and develop schedule to visitfacilities. Additionally, the ISNP Nurse Practitioner Coordinator will be responsibleto support member referral needs for out of facility care, calling the providerand ensuring they will see the patient, provide insurance documentation asneeded. The ISNP Nurse Practitioner Coordinator with help Nurse Practitionersaddress Part C, Part D gaps and Documentation and Coding Gaps/Risk adjustmentaudit gaps. The ISNP Nurse Practitioner Coordinator will provide continuingeducation sessions to Nursing Facility staff along with the primary Nurse Practitionerbased on Longevity Health Plan predefined topics and approved curriculum totheir assigned facilities. The ISNP NursePractitioner Coordinator will assist with Electronic Medical Records data entryas directed by the Manager/Director of Clinical Operations & Quality. The ISNPNurse Practitioner Coordinator will work with the Primary Nurse Practitioner toassist with Advanced care planning conversations as directed by the Manager/ Directorof Clinical Operations & Quality and or the primary Nurse Practitioner.
- Round on assigned members with primary Nurse Practitioner and/orsupport coverage during PTO (with Nurse Practitioner back-up) as per the primaryNurse Practitioner/Manager/ Director of Clinical Operations & Quality andattend daily clinical huddles as per the Manager/ Director of ClinicalOperations & Quality.
- Identifies and escalates member changes in condition to the primary NursePractitioner.
- Performs care coordination activities - member transitions of care toand from facility, assisting with prior authorization requests, members’needing out of Nursing Facility care and services, knowing how to access thedrug formulary, provider directory and communicates member patients/familiesand doctors as delegated by team Nurse Practitioners.
- Tracks and monitor team skilled and therapy days as directed byManager/ Director of Clinical Operations & Quality.
- Assists with the design and deployment of standardized Nursing Facilityclinical education offerings on a regular basis along with the primary Nurse Practitioner.
- Helps with onboarding new Nursing Facilities clinical education asdirected by the Director of Clinical Operations & Quality.
- Assists with Electronic Medical Records data entry and directed byManager/ Director of Clinical Operations & Quality.
- Helps with ensuring MTM and Med adherence gaps are resolved,hospitalizations follow up is completed, Part C Measures gaps are completed,and RAF or coding gaps are addressed by the Nurse Practitioners.
- Review Therapy cases with the primary Nurse Practitioner.
- Track and ensure Coding Queries completed as directed by the Manager/Directorof Clinical Operations & Quality.
- Support Advanced care planning conversations as directed by the /Manager/Director of Clinical Operations & Quality/primary Nurse Practitioner.
- Avatar documentation support as directed by the Manager/ Director of ClinicalOperations & Quality.
- Active IL APN/APRNlicense required.
- Minimum of 1 year of nursing home equivalent experiencerequired.
- 3-5 years, experience as a Nurse Practitioner required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the challenges and opportunities to serve thelong-term nursing home population.
Candidates must meet the Company’s hiring criteria whichincludes a pre-employment background and drug screening.
Longevity Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment withoutregard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status,protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Longevity Health Plan offers a competitive compensationand benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short andlong-term disability, life insurance, and 401(k).
Job Type: Full-time