Micron’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team focused on one thin using our expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we create help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can spark the very innovation we are pursuing.
Req. ID: 233743
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life. Additionally, our dedication to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
The cyber security operations analyst will be a main point of contact for all security related incidents for the cyber security operations team within the Global Security Organization. This mid-level position will be an escalation point for our more junior team members and assist with investigating incidents, as well as HR and legal investigations that require information technology support. The analyst will work with our service providers and operations teams, as required, to complete the tasks needed.
A successful candidate for this position must have:
- Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to discuss technical issues with non-technical people
- Have an in-depth understanding in at least three of the following areas: Network, and Internet Security; Operations Security; Risk and Compliance; Access Control Systems and Methodologies; Security Architectures and Models; Security Management Practices; Investigative techniques
- Excellent Organizational skills and the ability to see Incidents to their conclusion
- The ability to define and communicate risk in business-relevant language
- The ability to react to high pressure dynamic changing environments
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a great attention to detail
- The ability and desire to continuously improve one’s own knowledge and skillsets
Responsibilities and Tasks
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the followin
- Identifying compromised computers using logs, live response, and related computer centric evidence sources
- Serving as an escalation point for more junior team members for complex or sensitive incident handling
- Providing accurate and timely routing of verified compromises to the appropriate IT operations teams for further analysis and follow through to remediation
- Advising management on the effectiveness of established operating procedures and recommend modifications where appropriate
- Training and mentoring more junior staff as needed
- Personal development
- Additional risk management activities as needed
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work-related experience.
3+ years of experience in Information Security, with a proven track record of working with a SIEM to analyze complex data sets. Familiarity with various information security technologies including DLP, IDS/IPS, and EDR.
Experience in digital forensics and incident handling desirable, but not required
Industry recognized certifications desired, but not required
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is redefining how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic, Fitness Center / Activity rooms, Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions. Through our global brands – Micron® and Crucial® – our broad portfolio of high-performance memory and storage technologies, including DRAM, NAND, 3D XPoint™ memory and NOR, is transforming how the world uses information to enrich life. Backed by more than 40 years of technology leadership, our memory and storage solutions enable disruptive trends, including artificial intelligence, 5G, machine learning and autonomous vehicles, in key market segments like mobile, data center, client, consumer, industrial, graphics, automotive, and networking. Our common stock is traded on the Nasdaq under the MU symbol. To learn more visit micron.com/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Micron prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Keywords: San Jose || California (US-CA) || United States (US) || SGA || Experienced || Regular || Information Systems and Technology || #LI-JC4 || Tier 4 ||