US LBM is one of the leading and fastest growing distributors of specialty building materials in the United States, with a team of over 8,000 employees located throughout the country. Since our founding in 2009, we have acquired over 30 companies and have expanded to more than 260 locations serving 32 states. US LBM is a progressive organization that promotes a unique culture that focuses on the value of its customers and associates. Developing our people is critical to our strategy and fostering our culture of empowerment.
Things you should know about working at US LBM:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere, this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We work hard. We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
How you will spend your days as an IT Analyst - Cybersecurity:
- Assist in enterprise-wide security assessments, perform analytics and device manipulation, and control in support of security operations
- Responsible for daily management and coordination of security administration, such as vulnerability and threat management, access management, endpoint security management, intrusion prevention, monitoring of security controls, and reviewing of device and security logs for anomalies
- Participate in the security review and risk assessment processes for new initiatives, projects, technologies and safeguards to ensure compliance with best practices and regulatory requirements
- Assist with the analysis of data transfers and their related processes and coordinating security incident response activities with a focus on detail, confidentiality, and adherence to procedures and chain of command.
- Provide information security and privacy direction and advice for the company including developing and implementing appropriate security procedures and tools and evaluating and driving process improvement initiatives to ensure security compliance
- Researches, recommends and evaluates security and privacy products, devices and methodologies
- Analyzes the results of various security scans, process appraisals and other improvement efforts
- Creates actionable reports, document and track action plans in support of security improvement efforts
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices, research, malicious code reverse engineering, penetration testing, and threat intelligence
- Assists in performance and coordination of Security Incident Response activities
- Monitors and analyzes logs from various systems, ensuring audit trails, system logs and other monitoring data is reviewed and actionable.
- Performs periodic and on demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system, external web integrity, and certificates to determine compliance
- Coordinates with users to discuss issues such as access needs, security violations, and security training needs
- Works closely with 3rd party partners to secure data and assets
- Provides organizational wide cyber security oversight leveraging a comprehensive and sustainable governance, risk management and compliance (GRC) framework and IT security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days of employment
- Monday - Friday schedule
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- We�ll support your educational and career goals with our continuous education programs
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
- Bachelor�s Degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years of IT experience, including security management and operations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including written and oral communications
- Experience with Security tools and technologies and demonstrated ability leading security based projects
- Must be a self-starter with an attitude to "get things done�
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skill, including written and oral communication
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Technical competency in IT/Systems, combined with business acumen to understand and translate between business and technical requirements
- Ability to support multiple efforts in parallel, in a highly matrix, fast-paced, multi-site organization experiencing rapid growth
- Occasional weekend work or work off-hours if projects or assignments necessitate activity when workers are out of the office or if there are critical problems requiring IT intervention
- Some travel likely to US LBM locations along with business-related meetings & conferences