US LBM is one of the leading and fastest growing distributors of specialty building materials in the United States, with a team of over 8,000 employees located throughout the country. Since our founding in 2009, we have acquired over 30 companies and have expanded to more than 260 locations serving 32 states. US LBM is a progressive organization that promotes a unique culture that focuses on the value of its customers and associates. Developing our people is critical to our strategy and fostering our culture of empowerment.
Things you should know about working at US LBM:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere, this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We work hard. We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
How you will spend your days as an IT Analyst - Cybersecurity:
- Assist in enterprise-wide security assessments, perform analytics and device manipulation, and control in support of security operations
- Responsible for daily management and coordination of security administration, such as vulnerability and threat management, access management, endpoint security management, intrusion prevention, monitoring of security controls, and reviewing of device and security logs for anomalies
- Apply security technical skills and knowledge to secure computer systems, hardware, and software
- Assist in diagnosing and documenting issue root causes of basic to intermediate complexity
- Maintain consistent, timely, and professional customer service and communication with end users
- Develop and maintain IT service area documentation � process and procedures
- Assist in developing work processes and best practices and implement changes to streamline operations
Cybersecurity specific responsibilities:
- Create and implement risk mitigation processes and conduct reviews to determine weaknesses in applications
- Ensure systems' security by conducting audits, monitoring reports and evaluating threats
- Evaluate software applications to ensure security adherence
- Create actionable reports, document and track action plans in support of security improvement efforts
- Perform and manage the implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls
- Ensure the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices, research, malicious code reverse engineering, penetration testing, and threat intelligence
- Assist in performance and coordination of Security Incident Response activities
- Monitor and analyze logs from various systems, ensuring audit trails, system logs and other monitoring data is reviewed and actionable
- Perform periodic and on demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system, external web integrity, and certificates to determine compliance
- Coordinate with users to discuss issues such as access needs, security violations, and security training needs
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days of employment
- Monday - Friday schedule
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- We�ll support your educational and career goals with our continuous education programs
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
- Bachelor�s degree in IT Security, other related field or equivalent experience required
- 1-3 years of IT security experience
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technology
- Able to perform routine tasks independently and more complex task with close supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including written and oral communications
- Occasional weekend work or work off-hours if projects or assignments necessitate activity when workers are out of the office or if there are critical problems requiring IT intervention
- Some travel likely to US LBM locations along with business-related meetings & conferences
- Must be comfortable working in an evolving, entrepreneurial environment