This position will be responsible for development and application support, including application configuration support; day-to-day troubleshooting; and support of business area and technical issues.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as an intermediary between the assigned business clients and the development and other teams in the IT function, and requires a full working knowledge of both environments.
- Play an advocacy role for the business clients in all phases of the complex solution development lifecycle for each of the critical stages, including: initiation, analysis, development, testing, implementation and post implementation follow up.
- Perform analysis and work closely with the business clients to identify core business issues in order to map out possible solutions. The mapping is used to develop the business case for action, defining the need, the method, and the benefits of proposed solutions.
- Undertake complex analysis to develop the detailed user stories or requirements of the solution in order to satisfy the business need.
- Work closely with Architects and others on the applications development team to refine the solution design, methods and outcomes.
- As the "eyes and ears" of the business, closely monitor progress to ensure that the emerging solution meets the demands of the user stories or requirement document. This may require the resolution of any conflicts arising due to any technical deviations from the agreed user stories or requirements.
- Work very closely with the testing team, using the user stories or requirements document as a critical guide, to ensure that issues are identified and fully resolved prior to roll out.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- 4+ years' overall IT experience
- Experience with Java or C# .NET
- Knowledge of business and technology practices and trends
- Ability to gather and analyze information and communicate recommendations to stakeholders
- Ability to design, code, test, debug and document a large range of technologies and systems
- Knowledge of data analysis tools
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, adaptable and flexible
- Excellent interpersonal / relationship management skills, able to foster working relationships within the team, across IT and with business colleagues
- Knowledge of VSTS (preferred), Rally or similar Agile backlog management tools
- xPression, xAdmin, xDesign, xPresso
- RSA Archer
- IBM CMOD, ODWEK
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer AXA is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. AXA US has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave AXA. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.