Reporting to the Sr. Manager Finance and Order Management Technology, this position will be part of the Enterprise Solution Management group within Central Information Services. The IT Analyst, Finance Technology position will also take direction and guidance from the Architect of Finance Technology and provides support for all applications that enable the Record to Report function. This will include working on production support, minor enhancements, and projects. Key areas of focus will be troubleshooting user issues, learning how to configure SAP with the support of the existing team to be self-sufficient over time, writing functional design specifications, and performing testing functions. This position works closely with key stakeholders and maintains high quality standards while operating in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Please see our website at www.central.com for additional company information. Full time employees enjoy excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long term disability, free life insurance, tuition reimbursement, product discounts and more!
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Work with cross-functional teams to appropriately model business requirements within the IT Record to Report team.
- Design, code, implement, and support solutions for all aspects of the ERP system, which includes Finance and Product Costing and would expand over time with the role.
- Maintain design documentation
- Create functional design documents for custom development
- Create and execute test scripts
- Develop expertise in Central’s financial reporting tools, supporting Business Intelligence Projects
- Develop expertise in Central’s core business functions
- Develop relationships with users, supervisors, and managers in the business
- Develop expertise in other 3rd party applications used within Central for Finance Systems.
- Support all aspects of enterprise technology applications.
- Other tasks as deemed necessary by the Enterprise Solution Management leadership team
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Computer Engineering or another related discipline
- 0 to 2 Years’ experience in Information Technology
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and MS Access experience a plus
- Customer service / relationship focus
- Ability to operate across multiple projects concurrently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong work ethic, desire to learn, and excel
- Ability to demonstrate root cause analysis
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively within tight, concurrent deadlines with accuracy
- Practical experience in business application software development is preferred
- Experience as a business analyst in consumer goods industry is preferred
- Familiarity with business data concepts such as chart of accounts, legal entities, fiscal calendars etc is preferred
- A desire to learn about and manage the full stack of software and hardware for a system is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.