We are seeking an IT Application Support Specialist for a 6 month, contract to hire role with our client in downtown Denver.
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
Duties and respsonsibilities:
- Act as a primary support point and escalation point for L2+ application issues from our facilities and offices across North America.
- Participate in an after-hours support rotation to provide support to end users if necessary.
- Manage demand and provide traceability using Incident, Service, and Change management processes.
- Act as the End-to-end owner of problems, issues, or escalations
- Perform escalations when necessary to vendors or internal departments and works with the other party to resolve the issue to the satisfaction of the end user
- Under the direction of senior staff, help create/code/configure small enhancements as requested by the business or identified by the application team staff.
- Work effectively in a team environment to provide support to our users in a timely manner and with a positive customer service attitude.
- Responsible for maintenance & upkeep of supported software applications
- Work closely with the business architects and developers of applications to advise concerning changes on system-levels
- Field and manage all application licensing and renewals with internal/external partners
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Math or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in Information Technology
- Experience providing end-to-end ownership
- Excellent interpersonal skills with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving skills, and providing recommendations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for learning technology and business processes
- Experience writing well-constructed, optimized SQL queries preferred
- Experience in a food manufacturing industry
- Experience in application support or application development
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status