The IT Asset Manager is responsible for the daily and long-term strategic management of software and technology-related hardware within the organization. This position manages, controls, and protects the organization's IT assets throughout their life cycle, from acquisition through final disposition. In addition, the IT Asset Manager works with IT Management to design, develop, and implement the organization's asset management strategy. This includes planning, monitoring, and recording software license and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts. The individual will assist in forming procurement strategies to optimize technology spend across the organization. The IT Asset Manager will also develop and implement procedures for tracking company assets to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles. The role will lead deployment of a new Asset Management tracking and reporting system for MKS.
Primary roles and responsibilities:
- Design and execute asset management policies, procedures and processes
- Develop asset control processes to monitor accountability identification, maintenance, location and contracts
- Manage asset reconciliation and asset disposal agreements
- Perform daily and long-term operational management of hardware and software
- Plan, monitor, and record hardware assets software licenses assure they complied with vendor contracts in different software tools
- Apply a continuous improvement approach in enhancing the strategies employed in technology spending, as well as in tracking company assets within the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) throughout their lifecycle
- Ensure effective management of the CMDB and that the content contained is accurate
- Manage inventory of CIs and assets, including dependencies and attributes, making sure that modifications, withdrawals, and additions of existing ones are correctly recorded by the teams in charge in the tools supplied
- Generate and distribute various reports, including compliance reports on current assets and CIs and their status; also perform trend analyses
- Ensure process efficiency by implementing the key performance indicators; suggest improvements to the process continuously
- Establish and maintain documentation of procedures, processes, and reports concerning asset and configuration management
- Perform research on industry best practice and incorporate it with organizational practices
- Work with IT Management and Risk Management to manage IT vendor due diligence
- Conduct periodic manual audits to assure accurate record keeping
- Analyze purchasing effectiveness and resolve purchasing issues
- Collaborate with IT Service Delivery Managers through contract negotiation, contract renewals and vendor management activities
- Monitor software licenses to ensure they comply with license agreements and usage standards
- Collaborate with management to define cost savings, asset compliance and service improvements
- Collaborate with IT Service Delivery Managers to prepare and manage IT asset capital and expense budgets
- Ensure audit compliance for the IT assets
- Team management: 0 people
- Key internal stakeholders: Managers, Directors, VPs, SVPs, key business representatives
- Key external stakeholders: Vendors/Suppliers
- Budget to manage: Not applicable
- Travel: ad-hoc
- Bachelor's Degree and Five (5) years' experience in software and hardware related IT asset management
- Three (3) years' experience managing software licensing and SaaS agreements
- Prior experience completing vendor evaluation and completing RFP's
- Customer-oriented approach in managing communications and issues; Strong verbal and written communication skills; Able to communicate in a clear, constructive, and professional manner
- Strong knowledge of the principles and practices of purchasing, plus solid negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Solid knowledge of contracts and the ability to interpret contract terms and conditions; Act as a subject matter expert for the internal customer.
- Strong understanding of best practices in asset management and managing SW and HW licensing agreements
- Demonstrated ability in effectively building and maintaining third party/vendor relationships.
- Demonstrated ability in effectively working within a team without direct supervision responsibilities.
- Ability to efficiently manage time and keep track of multiple schedules, meetings, and initiatives
- Demonstrated leadership skills; Able to take the lead in making improvements and resolving issues
- Strategic approach in developing solutions and process improvements
- Proficiency in Office Productivity Tools, Microsoft Office and Visio
- Understanding of IT Infrastructure (network, telecom, data center, end user computing, information security)
- Understanding of Asset Management tracking tools
- Language required: Fluent in English
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Principals Only, Please.