Zimmer Biomet is a world leader in musculoskeletal health solutions. Our team members are part of a company with a heritage of leadership, a focus on shaping the future, and a mission dedicated to alleviating pain and improving the quality of life for people around the world.
The qualified candidate will implement analytical approaches using advanced analytics techniques while working closely with stakeholders and teammates from non-technical disciplines. Use statistical theory through modeling, simulation, and large data analysis to deliver lasting measurable improvements to clients
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Administration, Architecture, Designing, Developing and Testing Alteryx environment.
- Responsible for research of source data and design of queries and/or ETL jobs that bring data into Tableau/Power BI.
- Contribute to and assist in defining best practices around dashboard development testing, access management and refresh scheduling.
- Responsibility of data collection, cleansing, modeling, and reporting of results.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Demonstrates initiative and works independently with minimal supervision
- This is a business IT facing role & the candidate will have regular interactions with various business and IT managers.
- Must work as a liaison between business and IT independently.
- Business requirements analysis and provide solution using Alteryx. Develop and maintain data workflows using Alteryx
- Self-motivated to deliver both independently and through team collaboration
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Should have the strong written and oral communications
- Experience managing tight timelines and prioritize the tasks
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Design and develop ETL workflows and datasets in Alteryx to be used by the BI reporting tool. ETL specific for creating datasets
- Works in partnership with the other IT teams and stakeholders concerning the accuracy of data and efficiency of processes
- Prepare technical specifications and documentation for Alteryx workflows supporting BI reports
- Perform end to end Data validation to maintain the accuracy of data sets
- Translate business logic from one system (Excel, SQL, etc.) into Alteryx in a quick and accurate manner
- Develop re-usable processes that can be leveraged and standardized for multiple instances
- Provide ad-hoc data analysis and support to business functions
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication and collaboration skills
- Skilled at translating business requirements into data requirements with a deep understanding of project objectives and available data
- Should be able to help business using Alteryx predictive analysis.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in business, accounting, finance, economics, or mathematics. MBA preferred.
- Certifications are Plus
- 1+ years of experience working in an analyst role within management consulting or industry experience with supply-chain, procurement, logistics or operations with emphasis in business intelligence preferred
- 1+ years of experience with diagnosing, prescribing, planning, executing, and presenting small to medium analytics and BI projects is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Access, and VBA.
- Programming languages such as Python, SQL, C, C++, Java
For the second year in a row, Computerworld has named Zimmer Biomet one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT. Computerworld recognized the 100 top organizations that offer challenging work for their IT employees while providing great benefits and compensation.
At Zimmer Biomet, we believe in The Power of Us, which means that we are stronger together. We are committed to creating an environment where every team member feels included, respected, empowered, and celebrated.