This position will be responsible for assisting to lead a team of developers in coding, documenting, and troubleshooting Java and mobile applications for sales and operations teams.
This is a hands-on position requiring strong analyst skills, technical, and business expertise.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Become an expert in the business web application used by our sales and operations teamsTake functional or business requirements and create technical specifications
- Create working code from technical specifications
- Test code by unit and across the system
- Perform and participate in code reviews with peers
- Assist T2 support team in troubleshooting issues as needed
- The candidate will work closely with customer service and other IT resources in the course of application development and troubleshooting.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Can effectively communicate business and technical information across the organization, being sensitive to the needs of unique audiences
- Is able to collaborate with IT and business personnel to manage problem resolution effectively
- Work cross-functionally and think both critically and strategically
- Effectively uses teamwork to positively contribute to and lead a high-morale/high-performance team
- Effective team player and collaborator
- Results driven and has a positive attitude
Skills in the following is required:
- Java (Objective C would be helpful),
- REST or SOAP web services
- Oracle or other database
- Able convert business requirements into functional requirements.
- Able to convert functional requirements into technical specifications.
- Able to lead efforts to write and execute unit and system tests.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and work well leading a team.
- Show an aptitude for learning new approaches and coding techniques.
- Demonstrate the highest levels of customer service, technical knowledge, productivity, and professionalism.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years development experience for applications in a business environment
- Experience with databases such as Oracle, DB2, or Microsoft SQL
- Experience with Java programming language.
- Experience working with Java development is required. Objective C experience would be useful.
- Up to 10%