The selected IT Audit Consultants will support the external audit of a large DoD component, and provision of an opinion on the component’s financial statements.
The work responsibilities are varied and could include testing of internal controls over financial reporting, substantive testing, assessing the internal controls and risks of the agency's financial system, assessment of financial management policies for compliance, preparation of audit reports and NFR's, identifyingweaknessesin the system and creating an action plan to ensure compliance with NIST guidelines and standards.
For certain positions, there is a possibility of travel to United States and International locations in support of audit procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Professional demeanor
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- CISA certification preferred, but not required
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or business management related field from an accredited College or University
- At least 1 to 7 years of work experience, including experience in performing FISCAM and FISMA security reviews
- Possess a strong understanding of NIST
- Understandthe FISCAM and Financial Audit Manual (FAM) approaches and assess information system controls in areas of information assurance, access control, change control, and disaster recovery
- Complete tests around financial system controls compliance, IT General Computer Controls (ITGC), and Application Controls
- Performrisk assessments and analysis