Under limited supervision, performs or acts within a team on Internal Corporate IT audits. Designs and develops audit procedures. Recommends and submits reports on identified corrections and controls in need of improvement.
- Reviews IT, operational and business risks, functions and activities, and evaluates client relations in order to determine and recommend nature, scope, direction and thrust of proposed audits. Designs audit procedures to execute the annual audit plan, assess controls and to meet audit objectives.
- Assumes responsibility of assigned special audit projects and provides advisory and consulting services to management. Recommends appropriate timeline requirements to complete the audit. Acts as liaison for internal management, external auditors, external audit clients and business associates.
- Prepares reports for internal and external company executives. Summarizes audit objectives, scope, findings, conclusions and management response. Conducts oral and written presentations to all levels of management, as appropriate, during and upon the completion of audits. Ensures audit summary is prepared within established deadline.
- Performs statistical sampling to accomplish audit procedures. Obtains, analyzes and appraises supporting data utilizing various software applications.
- Recommends revisions to audit procedures to enhance efficiencies. Reviews internal controls throughout the company by evaluating the adequacy of system controls and recommends improvements.
- Performs testing and walk-through procedures to determine company compliance on assigned Sarbanes Oxley processes: reviews and analyzes the control structure, performs walk-through and testing procedures, documents testing results that are reviewed by external auditors, and communicates results to the process owners and the Sarbanes Oxley team.
- Evaluates the adequacy and timeliness of management’s response and the corrective action taken on significant audit recommendations.
- Maintains continued education requirements and regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires: Bachelors in Accounting or Computer Science, with a combination of both degrees preferred, advanced degrees preferred as well. CPA, CISA etc.
2-5 years of internal or external IT auditing experience.
Candidates with the following highly preferred:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems or Accounting.
- Completion of CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor)
- Health insurance audit experience
- Masters degree
- Proficient in using computer software (e.g., ACL, SQL, Excel) and application systems
- Advanced knowledge of auditing processes/procedures
- Ability to share and impart knowledge
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks/projects simultaneously, balancing priorities and deliverables.
- Competent interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to lead projects and mentor others
- Ability to evaluate business processes and IT technology, identify risks and evaluate controls.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Advanced investigative and analytical skills
- Ability to translate business needs and problems into viable and accepted solutions.
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department projects.
- Minimal travel approximately 10-15% of work time.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to talk and communicate with others. The employee is regularly required to feel objects, tools, controls or to keyboard. Vision abilities to perform duties such as analyzing data and figures and/or viewing a computer terminal are required. Associates are not exposed to adverse environmental conditions.