Description of Work
The Business Analyst Applications (BA) works with the key business areas (Leadership, Sales, Operations, Marketing, Sales Support, and Finance) and serves as the primary liaison between business users and the application systems vendors.
The BA is expected to work closely with the business and the department Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to gather requirements for applications and will work closely with the application vendors and IT team in order to understand application support needs and to ensure business requirements are successfully translated into technical requirements and designs for application configuration or enhancements to the applications (having the vendors create any custom enhancements). The BA will also participate in application upgrades and test environment administration and verification before moving to the production environment and associated test environment participant sign-off.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist in the support, enhancement, and operations of the Company's Core systems (ERP, WMS, OMS and peripheral supporting systems and devices) including, but not limited to:
- Work with end user to prepare business need presentation and documentation, including analysis of impact on existing systems and procedures.
- Acquire/Configure solutions to satisfy business needs by identifying process gaps and improvement opportunities
- Develop, document and execute test plans to ensure fulfillment of requirements and successful project implementation.
- Identify and document functional requirements needed and prepare user reference materials.
- Prepare training materials and, when appropriate, conduct formal training.
- Work with SME's to ensure they are knowledgeable about systems and can support department users
- Ability to work with SME's on application troubleshooting and support issues
- Ability to communicate with all application, IT and hardware vendors to open and facilitate successful ticket resolution
- Participate in the cost analysis/justification and written recommendation to management.
- Participate in the creation of project plans, estimates, schedules, and status reports.
- Participate with teammates in evaluating designs to ensure they meet the business requirement of the customer.
- Perform ad hoc research projects.
- Participate in the review/evaluation of vendor software packages and/or upgrades to meet established business needs; assist with contract negotiations and maintenance agreements.
- Understand and represent the designated functional area(s) and communicate their needs effectively.
- Work with the IT team to facilitate the users having the right systems, working properly, when needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills technical writing skills preferred. Project administration/management experience. Problem solving skills.
- Ability to use inquiry and query tools on the ERP, WMS and OMS applications.
- Base understanding of functional business areas (Leadership, Sales, Operations, Marketing, Sales Support, and Finance) and how they interact.
- Experience working with ERP and/or WMS systems in the Supply Chain market (consumer products or food service a plus).
- Ability to successfully communicate with employees throughout the company including Leadership, Sales, Operations, Marketing, Sales Support, and Finance.
- Ability to work with IT vendors and users to solve operational issues as they relate to the use of applications and integrated devices.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial implications of projects.
- Innovative, creative, flexible.
- Facilitation skills.
- Risk management abilities.
- Ability to work in fast paced, high stress, deadline driven environment.
- Knowledge of complex product pricing models.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Attention to detail.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and to multi-task.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal direct supervision.