At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
Oracle HCM Cloud business analyst capable of working in partnership with the business users to formulate recommendations for business process design, break-fix analysis, configuration updates, testing and enhancements to an Oracle Cloud environment.
How you will make an impact:
- Responsible for being the technical team’s subject matter expert for HR business functions as supported by the Oracle Cloud environment and other applications in the HRMS group portfolio. These include Core HR, Benefits Administration, Compensation, and Talent Management.
- Fosters a strong relationship with business users in all HR functional areas.
- Serves as a functional team lead for small projects, releases, and other implementations specific to the HR area of work, including coordination of tasks, testing, delivery of work from other groups within the IT department and business areas.
- Leads conversations and facilitates discussion with technical resources to translate functional business requirements into technology solutions. Ensures successful delivery of requested work products.
- Works with business leaders, super users, and end-users (customers) to develop and redesign the business capabilities provided by Oracle Cloud and other applications in the HRMS group portfolio, including data flow analysis, system configuration, data setup, including recommendations to implement new features or functions.
- Writes queries or custom reports as needed to analyze data issues, provide ad-hoc reports, or solve system issues.
- Develops system, regression, performance, test plans, scripts, and coordinates user acceptance testing. Provides guidance to business partners on QA best practices.
- Understands key software product development concepts including user group meeting facilitation, software development, project management, quality assurance, and software version control.
- Communicates and maintains relationship with Level 1 and Level 2 support organizations to understand quality and support issues for consideration in future software product releases.
What we look for:
- Understands annual HR business cycles and how to set up HCM configurations
- Experience desired in Human Resource Function – Core HR, Compensation, Talent Management, Benefits
- Oracle HCM Cloud experience desired.
- Ability to document requirement and functional specification documentation for system enhancements and regulatory changes.
- Query writing and execution, data validation and analysis.
- Experience writing use cases, test cases, and test scripts, configurations, reports, and interfaces for all common SDLC test phases, including FIT/SIT, UAT, regression, performance, and DR test phases. Experience using Jira is a plus
- Experience leading functional reviews with business partners, including facilitation, problem negotiation, and mediation.
- Understands waterfall software development lifecycle, familiarity with an agile methodology is a plus.
- 8 years as Business/Applications or System Analyst in HRMS / HCM Space.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education, training or experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Open to the possibility of candidates working remote with some travel.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. As an employee you’ll take part in our mission to become the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Vacation/paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Professional Development
- Paid Holidays