Weichert Co. is hiring a Business Process Analyst in Morris Plains, NJ. The Business Process Analyst is responsible for acting as a liaison between the Information Technology group and the business. The position is a member of the Business Transformation team which provides strategic planning, alignment, and direction to the business.The position provides solutions and makes recommendations on business process improvements, assists in the prioritization of projects, and ensures that projects align with the technology that best provides maximum return on investment while supporting of the overall business strategy.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages requests for new development. Works with senior management to identify, understand, and solve a variety of business process needs and issues in order to meet organizational goals and support the planned growth of the operating areas.
- Acts as a BPA/project manager for assigned projects. Works with team to develop and presents the business case, obtains project approval and funding, manages project budgets, and regularly provides project tracking/reporting to the Business Analyst Director and business owners.
- Analyzes requirements, workflow, and problems to improve existing business processes. Writes description of business needs, business program functions, and steps required to enhance existing processes.
- Translates user requirements into business and functional specifications and/or Agile User Stories ensuring a common understanding between the business and IT team.
- Provides strategic and tactical direction with respect to enhancing business processes.
- Assists with product and/or vendor selection for outsourced technical solutions.
- Gains an understanding from management and/or users on symptoms of problem. Defines the problem, breaks problem into component parts, and gathers information about each of these parts from a variety of sources.
- Responsible for ensuring a product or service meets the established standards of quality including reliability, usability and performance.
- Reviews computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing system.
- Coordinates user testing, training and communication to ensure new processes are understood and communicated to the user population.
- Manages overall customer satisfaction on assigned projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, engineering or related field
- Master's Degree preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus but not necessary
- Five (5) or more years of medium to large scale related IT project and program management
- Five (5) or more years' experience determining and delivering against business requirements
- Demonstrated experience preparing and managing functional IT budgets
- Understanding of the operating area's business and how IT contributes to the delivery of those products and services
- Must have proficient knowledge of each stage of the SDLC
- Heavy focus on the QA process, including the following:
- working with the Development team to assure Unit Test cases match the Business Requirements
- working with the end users during UAT to assure the application changes match the end user expectations
- working with the development team to update the Regression Test Plan to assure overall platform stability
- Ability to interact successfully with all levels with operating areas and IT
- Strong ability to assimilate complicated issues, simplify them and make decisions
- Strong leadership, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication and negotiation skills, able to communicate and present situations/status to senior management
- Strong presentational skills
- Thorough understanding of the IT environment
- Strong understanding of the process interfaces with IT Service Management processes
- Reasonable technical understanding and an ability to translate technical requirements and specifications into easily understood business concepts and vice versa
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.