This position will work with business users to collect and document requirements and use the requirements to design, configure and test projects related to ERP business applications to ensure an optimal solution. Throughout the process, the IT Business Analyst will troubleshoot issues, meet with business users regularly to verify solutions and train users on results.
* Perform business analyst work, document business requirements, and develop functional and technical specifications/designs.
* Write functional specifications for development.
* Perform unit and integration testing for configuration and end to end business processes.
* Work with business partners throughout the process to ensure solutions meet business requirements.
* Act as liaison between business and IT to support business needs via technical solutions.
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner.
* Analyze, track and remediate root causes of defects.
* Ongoing responsibility of production support in the ERP functional modules assigned.
* Perform design, configuration and testing of assigned core ERP modules
* Participate in the design of any integration related to assigned functional modules.
* Create and run reports using report writer and report painter
Integrates quality at the source thinking and activities in daily, individual, team and project work.
* Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology in daily individual work
* Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology on teams
* Defines and documents individual processes within sphere of control
* Ensures that others are trained as back-ups on (processes) within the area/department
* Improves processes within sphere of control
* Identifies waste and rework and enacts plan to improve/solve
* Checks satisfaction of internal customers through use of quality tools and Customer/Supplier metrics
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related business field required.
* Minimum 4 years of Business Analysis experience.
- Experience preferred in order management, pricing, and accounts receivable within a manufacturing organization
- Experience preferred in IT business analyst position supporting order management within a manufacturing organization
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Strong Business Process experience required.
* Strong knowledge and experience with requirement specifications to define scope and system boundaries, recommend alternative methods to achieve complex system requirements and estimate resource implications of requirements at a high level
* Business knowledge and process design skills
* Ability to translate business requirements into process and technical specifications
* Ability to analyze problems and provide clear recommendations
* Strong organizational skills
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
* Solid interpersonal skills
* Must be able to work independently as well as a team player and can manage own workload
* Able to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
* Must be an effective problem solver
* Up to 5% travel may be required
* Uses project plan and project schedule methodology
* Clearly defines and utilizes processes in daily work
* Knows SFW team structure, roles and responsibilities
* Integrates process methodology into daily work; MPI, QAT, 5S, 6D, Q@S etc
* Looks for innovative ways to streamline work processes across the division and involves stakeholders
* Identifies gaps using tools such as Baldridge criteria, WI Forward Award criteria, GPTW, IDP etc
* Establishes forums to share best practices
* Uses dept and company scorecard and other metrics
* Measures own work to plan and reports out at a micro and macro level