Capstone is seeking an IT Business Analyst to support the Navy’s MPTE TSS located in Pensacola, FL. This analyst position supports the development and maintenance of Navy training systems.
The analyst facilitates communication and understanding between the business and project team, and is responsible for evaluating business needs, defining use cases/user stories, and identifying the appropriate solutions. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience eliciting software requirements from stakeholders, analyzing and documenting those requirements with either Waterfall or Agile documentation, and translating the requirements into a format understandable to the software developers. Other responsibilities will include developing and executing test scripts or scenarios; facilitating user acceptance testing; creating and tracking system projects; addressing system incidents and documenting solutions; responding to informational requests; and providing other related support to our Navy customer with a sense of urgency and professional care.
- Collaborates with the team during Sprint Planning and participates in the planning to accomplish items from backlog.
- Participates in daily stand-up meetings, planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Participates in backlog management and maintains an emphasis on user experience and specifications.
- Develops clear, specific, and testable acceptance criteria, and creates and executes test scenarios and scripts.
- Provides Tier 2 trouble-shooting support on assigned applications for the Naval Education and Training Command Information Technology department.
- Utilizes strong written and verbal communication skills to work well with teams as well as independently.
- Analyzes and evaluates Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) products to assess the feasibility and usability of the product to best support operations that are related to the project.
- Develops and documents a gap analysis, details the functional capabilities satisfied by the COTS, and identifies strengths and weaknesses.
- Utilizes current SQL-based products and tools for extraction and reporting of information to support business requirements analysis and development. Products may include TOAD, PL/SQL Developer, or Oracle Business Intelligence.
Minimum education and experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma.
- 3 years of data analysis, statistical analysis, problem solving, and business process improvement experience.
- Data analysis, statistical analysis, problem solving, and business process improvement experience.
- Demonstrates advanced proficiency using Microsoft office suite 2010/2016 and related tools.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Interim Secret.