IT Business Intelligence Developer
- Job Label:
Bring your expertise in Business Intelligence and step into a hands-on working relationship with business users and management at various levels within our organization to understand business process requirements, develop functional designs, translate them into business systems technical requirements/designs in order to implement reporting solutions with Bray International. You will bridge the gap between business and technology, and your impact will be immeasurable as you recommend strategies of reporting solutions such as designing schema objects, grids, graphs, reports, and dashboards, including designing, building and maintaining metadata models, and OLAP cubes. This position will work at our corporate headquarters in Houston and report to the International Business Intelligence Manager.
- Lead the development of advanced BI applications using the MS BI stack including SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, and T-SQL/stored procedures, CosmoDB, PowerBI and Azure Data Factory.
- Analyze, design, develop, and document BI solutions based on standards and best practices.
- Design and develop Business Intelligence solutions using multidimensional cubes.
- Work closely with the BI team and provides technical design recommendations on the data mart structures which support analytical applications.
- Design functional specs for BI front end applications including dashboards and reporting, considering appropriate data flow and capture.
- Work with business users and other stakeholders to understand business processes and translate them into functional and non-functional specifications for BI solutions.
- Responsible for full lifecycle business intelligence development using a variety of technologies, including Microsoft (SQL Server, Integration Services, Reporting Services, Analysis Services) as well as other standard data warehouse and data modeling tools and techniques.
- Administer performance and capacity management of the BI Servers to provide a stable production environment.
- Identify problem trends and corrective actions and documenting these through modification of existing best practices guidelines.
- Provide expertise and guidance to other developers in the use of the toolset.
- Develop and enhance relationships between developers and business users through good practices of Customer Service.
- Conduct software demonstrations/presentations/training of the Analytics & BI platform that range from standard to custom demonstrations.
- Constantly learn and develop expertise in Analytics & BI software.
- Perform ongoing monitoring and refinement of reports and BI solutions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive development, architecture, and configuration skills in Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012.
- Experience with Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS), Analysis Services (SSAS), Integration Services (SSIS) & (TSQL).
- Experience with Azure DataFactory, CosmoDB.
- Experience with data warehousing concepts and techniques (full lifecycle ETL, relational design, dimensional design, reporting, e.g. DataVault Architecture)
- Experience building ETL processes to convert operational transactional data into dimensions and fact tables.
- Knowledge of MS SharePoint tools to develop and architect dashboards and reporting.
- Experience with other Business Intelligence tools (PowerBI, Sisense Looker, Tableau, Tibco Spotfire).
- Able to critically think and be solution-oriented.
- Able to communicate technical information in a business-friendly manner.
- Great organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong logical and analytical thinker.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures.
- Attention to detail.
- Able and willing to collaborate in a team environment and exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- Can anticipate risks and mitigate in the moment.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, or related field.
- 2+ years with Transact SQL (TSQL).
- 2+ years with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- 2+ years with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- 1+ year with SQL Server Integrated Services (SSIS).
- 1+ Azure Data Factory and PowerBI.
Bray International, Inc. is the leading global manufacturer of butterfly, ball valves, knifegate valves, quarter-turn electric and pneumatic actuators, and related control products. Our products are used in a wide variety of markets, including power generation, mining, water treatment and filtration, temperature control, oil & gas production and storage, and many others. Bray prides itself on delivering products of the highest quality and value, with an ever-expanding product line that aims to satisfy our customers’ unique needs. Since its founding in 1986, Bray has achieved tremendous success and growth. The company’s truly entrepreneurial vision has driven an expansion to Divisions in over 20 countries and a distribution network that surpasses 300 locations worldwide. Our employees are the company’s greatest asset and as such we are committed to their continual development. We hold high expectations for our employees and we provide the necessary tools and resources that enable them to take on many responsibilities and perform at their highest potential. Furthermore, Bray has a team of passionate high-energy leaders and managers that constantly challenge the company to pursue new opportunities and to surpass its goals. Bray International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug and tobacco free work environment. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check investigation and a drug screen.
- Related Keywords:
- BI, Business Intelligence, intelligence, Microsoft, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, data warehouse, cube, dash board development, analyst