Why Mayo Clinic
This position may be located at any Mayo Clinic site.
The Mobile Products Unit within the Mayo Clinic External Patient and Provider Services (EPPS) Section is seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual to join its mobile development team as an IT Analyst/Programmer focused on C# Web Services development. EPPS supports the Center for Connected Care, a vital Mayo Clinic practice strategy aimed at improving access, service, and affordability of health care by using technology to extend Mayo Clinic knowledge and expertise to patients, consumers, and providers.
As a Mobile Developer, you will play an integral role in helping to deliver increasingly smarter mobile apps to our customers. We are looking for someone with serious C# Software Development skills, strong interests in all things mobile, and a passion for delivering high quality, rock-solid apps.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Design, development, implementation, and maintenance of custom system software, and/or the installation and maintenance of purchased systems software, as well as the configuration and support of hardware systems across Mayo Clinic.
- Working with more senior technical staff to develop proposals that consider alternatives and business case, and gaining needed institutional approvals.
- Regularly reviewing applications and making modifications and/or updates to ensure currency and functionality within established environment.
- Maintains and supports multiple systems or complex software applications and their associated hardware at multiple Mayo Clinic sites.
- Producing and maintaining documentation such as system requirements, designs, resource inventories, and plans.
- Providing technical and project leadership to other staff members, demonstrating initiative, and working independently as needed to accomplish responsibilities.
- Working across departmental organizations gaining consensus of stakeholders.
- Interfacing with vendor support service groups or other external support teams to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Acting as a liaison to Mayo departments and vendors to adequately support the division's computing systems.
- Interfacing routinely with colleagues who may be located at any of the Mayo Group practices to perform job responsibilities requiring virtual collaboration and partnership.
- Providing 24/7 on-call support.
OR, Associate's degree and 5 years' professional experience in technical development. This vacancy is not eligible for sponsorship/ we will not sponsor or transfer visas for this position.
C#.NET object-oriented programming proficiency. Having an interest in Android/iOS programming is also ideal.
Preference to candidates with 3+ years of experience building web, web service, console and windows applications in C#.NET using Microsoft Visual Studio is desired. Experience with object-oriented software development is desired. The candidate must understand large and complex code bases, including API design techniques to help keep them clean and maintainable.
Experience with the following is ideal:
Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms);
Experience in other modern OOP languages (.NET, Java, etc.) is a plus; Cloud computing; mobile development experience (Android, Mobile-Optimized Web)
Microsoft Team Foundation Server, application life cycle management, design patterns, frameworks, web services and mobile optimization. Experience using C# .NET and MS-SQL Server is preferred. Understanding of multi-threading, memory management, and caching mechanisms is helpful.
Knowledge of system design principles, software development methodologies, and computer programming. Demonstrated ability in solving complex technical problems with multiple computing technologies. Experience in IT system architecture and application design, system integration, and development is preferred. Possesses ability to multi-task and prioritize issues appropriately. Must possess human relations skills to interact with a variety of personnel. Evidence of strong communication and organizational skills. Successful candidate will be a proven self-starter with the ability to take responsibility and accountability for own activities. Ability to work in areas outside of usual comfort zone and get things done quickly; Requires demonstrated ability to work independently; commit to and meet deadlines; take initiative; and exhibit excellent follow through on tasks. Possesses an objective and positive attitude with all tasks and projects. Possesses a high level of project and deliverable consistency through demonstrated repeatable and reliable performance. Experience working in healthcare technology. Exposure to managing both custom developed and vendor-supplied applications. Master's degree in applicable field preferred.
Knowledge of system design principles, software development methodologies, and computer programming.
Ability to take responsibility and accountability for own activities. Possesses ability to multi-task and prioritize issues appropriately. Aids in the evaluation of alternative approaches and may help in presenting recommendations to teams and unit. Evidence of strong communication and organizational skills.
May interface with vendor support service groups or other external support teams to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance. Acts as a liaison to Mayo departments and vendors to adequately support the division's computing systems. Experience working in healthcare technology. Exposure to managing both custom developed and vendor-supplied applications.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $2,420 based on a full-time position.
Hours / Pay period
Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
May be required to provide 24/7 on-call support.
This position may be located at any Mayo Clinic site.
IT and Engineering
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).