We are seeking a hands-on Clinical Applications Manager to join our growing organization. This position reports to the Director of Clinical Information Systems. The Clinical Applications Manager supervises the applications team and works to ensure the success of the EHR and other clinical applications. This position requires strong people management skills, personal drive, and the ability to see strategy through to execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage the scope, cost, schedule, quality, and success of clinical applications
- Participate in the management of clinical application projects
- Vet enhancement requests and identify change implications
- Troubleshoot, design, build, and test clinical applications
- Work to resolve tickets related to clinical applications
- Work with Clinical leadership in EHR management and support
- Ensure functionality in new releases is properly analyzed and tested to consider for implementation, and approve new functionality for implementation
- Oversee execution of application updates and changes including the change management processes
- Identify, document, research, and resolution of application issues
- Ensure processes and other technical solutions are effectively tested and integrated
- Ensure collaboration with the training team and coordination of training activities
- Ensure that data interfacing into and out of EHR and other applications meets business needs
- Provide oversight of support activities during go-lives and system upgrades
- Prepare budgets, cost estimates and monitor spending
- Ensure open lines of communication among all teams and users
- Conduct coaching and performance management activities
- Lead, assign and monitor work for the applications team and guide and train team members.
- Conduct performance reviews in accordance with MPG policy.
- Create, evaluate, and justify staffing requirements.
- Ensure leading practice standards are implemented
- Ensure all quality assurance processes are followed, including change management and testing efforts
- Stay current on health care and technology topics and pursue opportunities to expand knowledge
- Demonstrate knowledge of the MPG's Mission, Vision, and Standards of Behavior and incorporate them into the performance of duties
- Travel as needed
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analysis/Problem Assessment Securing relevant information and identifying key issues and relationships from a base of information; relating and comparing data from different sources; identifying cause-effect
Coaching - Facilitating the development of other's knowledge and skills; providing timely feedback and guidance to help them reach goals.
Compassion - The responsibility to put a patient's or person's interests first, including the duty not to harm, deliver proper care, and maintain confidentiality.
Compliance - Employee has satisfactory completed employers required compliance training. Employee is able to demonstrate an understanding of employers Code of Conduct.
Communication - Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations (including nonverbal communication); adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Good listening skills.
Follow-up - Consistently maintaining a high activity or productivity level; sustaining long work hours.
Initiative - Making active attempts to influence events to achieve goals; self-starting rather than accepting passively; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive. Practices self-development.
Integrity - Maintaining and promoting social, ethical, and organizational norms is conducting internal and external business activities.
Judgement/ Problem Solving - Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, and communicates decisions to others.
Maximizing Performance - Establishing performance/development goals, coaching performance, providing training, and evaluating performance.
Patient Service Orientation - Proactively developing patient/customer relations by making efforts to listen and understand the customer and their needs (both internal and external); anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to patient/customer satisfaction. Ensures appropriate follow up and is their advocate in determining solutions. The employee uses a variety of communication techniques to effectively express thoughts and ideas and to understand or influence.
Planning and Organizing/ Work Management - Establishing a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal; planning proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources.
Results Driven & Execution - Accountable for meeting or exceeding individual and/or department goals and objectives. Committed to producing results that will achieve company objectives. Sets priorities and organizes time to meet or exceed goals, follows up, and takes personal responsibility for results whether they are positive or negative.
Teamwork/Collaboration - Working effectively with team/work group or those outside formal line of authority (e.g., peers, senior managers) to accomplish organizational goals; taking actions that respect the needs and contributions of others; contributing to and accepting the consensus; subordinating own objectives to the objectives of the organization or team. Listens to others and values opinions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Experience: At least 5 years of experience with EMR applications implementation and support experience is required. Participation in at least one full implementation lifecycle preferred. 1 year of experience managing people is preferred. Clinical background is a plus.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, problem solver.
- Excellent oral, written communication and follow-up skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Excellent desktop tool usage including Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent collaboration tool usage including Skype for Business, Sharepoint, Teams, Outlook, and Onenote.
- Significant process design experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts, as necessary.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual will have working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
CMA, RMA, RN or LPN a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate depending on business activity in the office.0