What You’ll be Responsible For in this Role – Your Contribution & Career Journey
The Information Technology Compliance Analyst applies knowledge of industry-specific information security regulations and principles of information systems management and security to ensure compliance and achieve optimal information security. The Information Technology Compliance Analyst will be called upon to coordinate all compliance related activities in support of the corporate HIPAA Security regulations and the IT department’s policies and procedures.
What We’re Looking For
• Proactively identifies and escalates incidents as well as operational performance concerns.
• Manage workload, prioritizing tasks and documenting time, and other duties as directed by management.
• Assists in Continual Service Improvement efforts by identifying opportunities for process improvement
• Pursue continuing education to grow and maintain knowledge of best practices, compliance requirements, threats and trends in information security, translating into operational action items, policies, procedures, standards and guidelines as part of the IT Security team
• Act as a security advocate for IT operations team’s adherence to Dignity Health policies and industry best practices.
• Participate in the collection and documentation of departmental knowledge artifacts, participant in the population of knowledge management and collaboration systems for the IT Security team.
• Communicates technical information to team members.
• Assists Management in identifying knowledge gaps and providing training to Analysts and Technicians in the IT Security organization as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent professional experience required.
- 1-2 years’ experience in related job area (IT support, information security, identity/access management, IT Audit, forensics/eDiscovery) required
- Experience in Windows Office (Work, Excel, etc.) required.ty to effectively communicate with customers, vendors, auditors and consultants.
- Minimum one year of experience responding to information security related incidents in an operations environment required.
- One or more relevant technical/professional security certifications (such as: COMP-TIA Network+ , Security+, SANS GIAC, CISSP, CRISC, CISA, or vendor-specific)) required.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Processes Information Security, Identity Management access requests and/or operational incident tickets of medium complexity.
- Follows established process for common requests and issues.
- Performs intermediate operational and trouble-shooting tasks related to access control, provisioning requests, network & endpoint-security-systems, and/or Security Risk Management processes.
- Proactively identifies and escalates incidents and operational performance concerns.
- Provides assistance and support as requested to Security Engineering, IDM Engineering, Network Engineering, and/or the ISIRT SOC.
- Executes tasks with minimal supervision. Uses skills and abilities to complete low to moderate complexity tasks using established processes.
- 2-4 years’ experience in programing or system/network operations and administration preferred.ention tp detail, organizational skills and the ability to follow established processes.
- Experience in Windows Office (Work, Excel, etc.) required.
- Experience in UNIX/Linux OS and/or Cisco IOS preferred.
- Monitors network security management system, analyzes events to identify standard information security incidents.
- Triages inbound incidents from partner teams
- Performs investigative tasks of low to medium complexity on specific incidents.
- Responsible for incident communications with affected business stakeholders, including senior management.