We are hiring for higher levels of support that would join our Reinforcement Team
About the IT Support Team:
Our support team is broken down into two main groups. The first tier is our first responders, tasked with receiving all support requests and promptly handling them. At times, the requests received are too complicated for the first responders and require more technical troubleshooting. When this occurs, the tasks are handed off to our reinforcements group. The support specialist role is a member of the reinforcements group and spends 70% of the day working on the most complex support issues and 30% of the day mentoring the technical team members from the first tier.
Common issues that you will work on include server, network, virtualization, and storage troubleshooting. You will work on problems that may be intermittent and difficult to resolve.
This role is for you if:
- You want to work for a company that listens to its staff and continues to work toward being a Great Place To Work
- You want to work somewhere fun with helpful co-workers and accessible leaders and managers.
- You love Helping People Accomplish More through supporting IT systems.
- You are comfortable and capable of troubleshooting and solving almost any complex issue that may affect a small to medium-sized business
- You’d rather spend most of your time on challenging issues rather than common day to day IT support requests
- You’d like to reduce the amount of time you spend being the initial handler of support requests. You no longer want to be on the front lines of support calls.
- You’d like to spend a part of your day mentoring others with less experience
- You’d like to be surrounded by team members that you can learn from and collaborate with
- You want to work in a role that consistently provides you with the ability to go home on time
- You are interested in working in a company that encourages and helps you increase your skillsets and continue your education through training and certification assistance.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism
- Strong passion for working with information technologies
- Ability to diagnose and fix complex hardware and software issues for desktops, servers, cloud services, and networks.
- Two years experience providing IT services to businesses working for an MSP or five years with a single organization (or the equivalent through self-study and individual projects)
- Candidate must live or be willing to relocation within a 45-minute commute of the office from which they will be working so that they can experience a high quality of life by not sitting in traffic too often
Nice to Haves:
- Certifications such as A+, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP, CNE, CCNA are a plus but not required.
- Degrees in Information Systems or similar
Benefits of working at Miles Technologies:
- Work within a great company culture. We are a top finisher in Philly’s Best Places to Work 6 years running.
- Stocked fridge and kitchen. Enjoy healthy options for breakfast & lunch every day.
- Fun and Friendly working enviroment
- Full schedule of optional educational courses in Miles University - everything from technical to communications to leadership.
- Proactively build your career - with help from your manager, set the path you would like to take - and then do it!
- Gain incredible experience working with numerous technologies and businesses in all industries.
- Health / Dental / Vision / Tuition Assistance / 401K with employer match
- For the Lumberton location: Indoor basketball, pickleball & volleyball court, ping pong, skeeball, bubble hockey, pool tables and a spacious cafeteria with Free Food