The Customer Support Manager’s role is to ensure a business’ customers receive outstanding support and all their needs are met. This may involve creating customer support policies and procedures for staff to adhere to, observing trends of reoccurring problems, training and observing employees and assisting unsatisfied customers. Customer Support Managers oversee the customer support department’s day-to-day functions.
Customer Support Managers supervise support queue and report to VP of Technology and work closely with IT Directors to prioritize and escalate issues as warranted.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER TO YOU
Our Mission is: To help protect the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the soil that feeds us, and is supported by our Principles: We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Medical, Dependent Care and Transit Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid Life and Disability Insurance and access to additional voluntary programs
- 401k with a competitive employer match to be reinstated in the future
- Progressive vacation policies and company holiday to ensure work/life balance for our people.
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need.
- Access to telemedicine and employee assistance programs
- Access to best rates in the industry to bring your student loan debt down to size
A DAY IN THE LIFE
As a key member of the IT team, this role will be responsible for a full range of activities including:
Establish Customer Support Practices
Customer Support Managers are responsible for creating policies and procedures for their staff. To ensure customers receive excellent and consistent service. It is vital that all employees provide the same types of assistance and handle issues in similar manners. The Customer Support Manager must make sure their staff knows the policies and adheres to them at all times.
Hire and Train Employees
The hiring and training of staff usually falls to the judgement of the Customer Support Manager. This may include reviewing applications, conducting interviews, processing new hire paperwork, and providing on the job training or mentoring to new employees.
Customer Support Managers must analyze their support team to establish whether all personnel are following the best practices established by the Customer Support Manager. Standardized performance metrics should be established to ensure all employees are judged by the same measurements and criteria. Most Customer Support Managers will have monthly or quarterly metric reviews of their entire staff. Providing consultation and solutions to poor performing staff members is also part of their job. As well as defining what expectations are and how to best meet the expectations set forth.
An important part of the Customer Support Manager’s job is defusing situations with unhappy customers. When customers are unable to have their needs satisfactorily met by talking with a Customer Support Agent, it is the job of the Customer Support Manger to take over and attempt to appease the customer. Good mediation skills are important to performing this duty.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides day-to-day general support for a large enterprise to deliver technical support to customers, resolve technical issues, and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Communicates effectively with employees at all levels within the organization, and act as a liaison between the Information Technology (IT) team and local users.
- Provides IT assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related but not limited to computer systems, software, hardware and licensing.
- Diagnoses and resolves technical issues in-person, via phone, and through email correspondence while maintaining detailed records.
- Responds to all assigned tickets via the Company’s internal ticketing system to ensure internal customers are assisted in a timely and professional manner, while escalating issues that require additional expertise and/or signoff.
- Installs, deploys, and repairs desktops, laptops, and mobile devices to users.
- Creates and terminates user accounts as needed, in accordance with ITIL and internal narratives.
- Performs preventative maintenance on workstations, printers, and equipment to ensure efficiency.
- Learns and trains others on company applications and software in order to address and triage software-related user issues as they arise.
- Develops and maintains internal training guides for users on the installation, modification and/or repair of equipment (e.g. laptops, PCs, desk phones, cell phones).
- Observe problem trends, document and bring to attention of senior staff for planned remediation.
- Resolves technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN) and remote networks.
- Maintains environment by adhering to company policies, Service Level Agreements (SLA), industry best practices, and regulatory policies as required.
- Exercises safe work practices by following all Company safety rules and OSHA regulations, including attendance at all required safety training programs.
- Participates in Company’s continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts.
- Keeps up-to-date and current on industry trends by completing formal training, reviewing professional publications, and attending professional workshops.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in Information Technology role(s)
- Exceptional fluency in English; strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with training others, managing projects, and providing customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with VPN and general network troubleshooting
- Willingness and ability to travel to satellite offices
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, Google Gsuite and/or PC programs
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel/management
- Strong proficiency in written documentation practices, policies, team expectations.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Solid organization and time management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, managing multiple responsibilities (i.e. self-starter, self-motivated)
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems from an accredited university
- ITIL certification
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements (i.e., SOX, NIST-800-171, )
- 4+ years of experience in an IT support role
- Management or Project Certifications (CompTIA Project+, PMI CAPM, etc)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.
MAKE THE MOVE
Montrose is a leading environmental services company focused on supporting government and commercial organizations as they deal with the challenges of today, and prepare for what’s coming tomorrow. With 1,700 employees across 70 locations serving customers around the world, Montrose combines deep local knowledge with an integrated approach to design, engineering, and operations, enabling us to respond effectively and efficiently to the unique requirements of each project. From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical solutions that keep our clients on top of their immediate needs – and well ahead of the strategic curve.
We are going to be blunt – the way we work may not suit to everyone. Montrose is fast-paced and dynamic. You are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues from Montrose and its service providers. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we could be the perfect match made in heaven. Want to know more about Montrose? Visit montrose-env.com and have fun!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Montrose is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities.