IT Data Analyst
- Job Label:
As a Houston headquarters-based IT Data Analyst, you will use your platform leadership and technical expertise to make a tangible impact with an organization bursting at the seams with growth and continuously looking to attract the best candidates for their team. By joining Bray International, you will be joining a worldwide leader in the flow control industry while enjoying all the exposure of working at the international headquarters. This is not just an ivory tower of offices and cubicles but a full state of the art manufacturing facility where you can still be hands on. If you are an IT Data Analyst who would like to bring your technical knowledge to a top tier manufacturer and who prides themselves on representing quality products and solutions, we encourage you to apply today.
An ideal candidate for this position will be passionate for analyzing data and discovering insights to help support our organization. As a key member of the Business Intelligence team, the data analyst will ensure that improvement opportunities are identified through various dashboards, KPIs/metrics, and modelling.
- Extract data from multiple source systems and convert to insightful data visualizations that enable the organization to make better business decisions
- Work independently with team members to understand data requirements and objectives, resulting in successful data analytics/reporting deliverable with the appropriate tool (PowerBI)
- Support existing reporting environment by investigating and resolving reported data issues; monitor, maintain, and optimize data processes (extraction and content)
- Work collaboratively with other functions— (Sales, Supply Chain, Operations/Manufacturing, etc.)—to deliver analytics that drive process improvement across the organization
- Develop data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Translate metrics and analytical information into easily understood information
- Prepare various statistical reports on operational performance on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Drive data decision and metric-driven culture through participation and guidance as a member of cross-functional process improvement teams
- Work with management team to create a prioritized list of data support needs for the organization
- Work with management team to outline specific data needs in order to drive Lean & process improvement activities
- Develop algorithms for operations modeling to drive optimized business performance
- Bachelor of Science in Information Management, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Statistics or any other related field
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a data/business analyst position with 3 -5 years preferred
- Advanced experience in reporting tools like PowerBI, Tableau
- Prior experience working with ERP systems
- Manufacturing experience
- Basic understanding of Agile and Lean concepts
Bray International, Inc. is the leading global manufacturer of butterfly, ball valves, knifegate valves, quarter-turn electric and pneumatic actuators, and related control products. Our products are used in a wide variety of markets, including power generation, mining, water treatment and filtration, temperature control, oil & gas production and storage, and many others. Bray prides itself on delivering products of the highest quality and value, with an ever-expanding product line that aims to satisfy our customers’ unique needs. Since its founding in 1986, Bray has achieved tremendous success and growth. The company’s truly entrepreneurial vision has driven an expansion to Divisions in over 20 countries and a distribution network that surpasses 300 locations worldwide. Our employees are the company’s greatest asset and as such we are committed to their continual development. We hold high expectations for our employees and we provide the necessary tools and resources that enable them to take on many responsibilities and perform at their highest potential. Furthermore, Bray has a team of passionate high-energy leaders and managers that constantly challenge the company to pursue new opportunities and to surpass its goals. Bray International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug and tobacco free work environment. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check investigation and a drug screen.
- Related Keywords:
- Business Intelligence, Data Analyst, Business Analyst, Data Scientist, PowerBI, Tableau