Talascend is currently seeking an IT Database Administrator for a contract opportunity located in Goose Creek, SC.
Database Administrator will create and maintain internal Database programs using Microsoft Access. The ideal candidate has an extremely strong to expert level Microsoft Access background in database development and programming. He/she will shadow a (SME) subject matter expert eventually moving into creating, modifying, and troubleshooting completely custom databases solo for our customer. The ideal candidate is a hard-working individual who has a creative but analytical mindset. He/she should be self-motivated and semi self-supervised in a management of information services (MIS) department. The candidate will require out of the box thinking and use all available large data to create custom reports and option within multiple databases. The position comes with a four day work, comp-time opportunities as well as exceptional benefits and a competitive salary.
- Code and test programming for in-house custom Microsoft Access databases.
- Debug code for existing programs based on immediate need.
- Understand and write VBA code, functions, Event procedures, and modules.
- Conduct end-user training and instructional upon completion of databases.
- Balance workday between multiple projects and respond within expected timeframes.
- Make necessary modifications to the system based on user feedback, and improve the overall usability of the system by providing regular system updates.
- Implement new and modify existing systems in in-house production environment.
- Create Mirror databases of existing systems with modification and cleaner code.
- Meet basic LAN computer training requirements and maintain IAT Level I or IAT Level II.
- Minor technical support with rest of MIS Staff.
- Expert/High Level proficiency with Microsoft Access.
- High Level proficiency experience with SQL, Microsoft Excel and additional Data manipulation software.
- AWRDS experience is a heavy plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems and Microsoft software.
- HTML and CSS experience preferred.
- Ability to focus on multiple projects at once and to troubleshoot problems quickly.
- Ability to learn and manipulate large amounts of data quickly and with flexibility.
- Excellent Math skills needed for Timekeeper Data manipulation.
- Ability to work independently, although team-oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree preferred Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming or related field.
- 5+ years’ database development experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of this position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary; other duties may be assigned as necessary. Background Check and Drug Screen may be required for this position.
If you are interested in other positions with Talascend, please visit our website at www.talascend.com.  ;
Talascend is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.