Our work matters. We help people get the medicine they need to feel better and live well. We do not lose sight of that. It fuels our passion and drives every decision we make.Job Posting Title
IT Database/Data Warehouse ManagerJob Description
The IT Database/Data Warehouse Manager is responsible for the management, coordination, capacity tracking of assigned resources for their team. The Manager promotes Employee engagement. This role is responsible for working in partnership with IT and business leadership to develop technology strategy, implementation plans, adoption methodologies, and operational support for assigned area.
- Coordinate and manage team workload, staffing requirements, and project assignment roles of resources. Provide tools, professional development opportunities, and environment needed for staff to be effective and productive. Develop and communicate employee performance objectives and coaching
- Lead team to develop and deliver Company’s Database platforms for all data center environments. Platforms include MS SQL, DB2, Mongo DB, Oracle, Teradata and Cloudera
- Ensure team is driving performance of platforms and development of continual improvement programs to bring better quality of service to customers.
- Make recommendations for enhancements by leveraging Company’s existing toolsets and recommending new technologies as needs evolve.
- Ensure that Life Cycle management is executed according to technology standards and the selection of platforms which follow Architecture and Security standards and requirements.
- Ensure success of projects and maintenance efforts across IT and business functions, incorporating Prime’s best practices and compliance with company standards and industry regulations, maintaining compliance with and adhering to security policies and best practices
- Collaborate with business partners and IT to determine how technology can drive value for Prime’s customers, address issues and identify solutions to meet or exceed business need
- Provide monthly budget variance and service analysis metrics
- Represent and promote IT department on planning and development initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related area of study, or equivalent combination of education and/or relevant work experience; High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- 6 years of relevant work experience in wide range of IT-related roles with exposure to variety of technologies and applications including MS SQL, DB2, Mongo DB, Oracle, Teradata and Cloudera
- Experience in information systems operations
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without need for work visa or residency sponsorship
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present complex material to wide range of audiences in plain language
- Strong problem solving and business analysis skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage projects, set time frames, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work as team player, comfortable with fast paced, changing environment and ambiguity
- Knowledge and experience in working with Hadoop (Cloudera) environments.
- Experience with cloud strategy
- Knowledge and experience with DBA environment (MS SQL, DB2, Mongo DB, Oracle)
- Experience in leading team through automation transformation
- PBM / healthcare / regulated market company experience
- Previous experience interfacing with executive level of leadership
- Knowledge and experience working with large Infrastructure systems
- Advanced degree or certifications
- Previous management experience
Minimum Physical Job Requirements
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
- Constantly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, talk and hear
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Reports to a Director in the Information Technology department
Prime Therapeutics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, disabled, and other diverse candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.