- Utilizes a hypothesis-driven problem-solving approach to design, construct, and rapidly test/iterate exploratory data-mining analyses to reveal insight across the company portfolio.
- Interprets and communicates insights to product, service and business management.
- Works with business leaders to identify and develop metrics and visualizations that will track performance and highlight potential inefficiencies.
- Develops in-depth understanding of underlying data, data structures, and business uses of data.
- Partners with business teams to gather, document and maintain business requirements that will inform data modeling decisions.
- Compiles data from various sources into a single, consumable, data set, including design and implementation of data cubes.
- Strong analytical acumen with the ability to uncover insights and create stories by seamlessly integrating a variety of data sources
- Proficiency with sophisticated analytics tools and programming languages (e.g., R, Python, SQL, HiveQL) and visualization platforms (Webfocus, Tableau etc)
- Knowledge of Big Data landscape as demonstrated through experience or certification. Eg., Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, Impala.
- Working Experience in ETL Tools like DataStage, Informatica and procedures including PL/SQL.
- Experience with relational databases, OLAP Cubes and data warehousing (Oracle, DB2, Hadoop) preferred
- Experience in data mining and root cause analysis preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to work with large, complex data sets across multiple platforms and design efficient processes to provide accurate and timely information.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Analytics, Computer Science, Information Systems or Business; prior work experience in Business Intelligence preferred.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.