Who we are:
Makpar is an 8a certified, Women Owned Small Business and HUBZone company. Makpar is a team of innovators and consultants deploying cutting edge technologies for the federal government. We help our clients achieve their business and operational goals by solving complex problems through experience and intellect and build sustainable solutions that last. If you are driven and looking to tackle complex and critical client challenges, Makpar can provide a dynamic, mission focused, and rewarding environment for your professional growth.
Makpar has an exciting opportunity for an IT Engineer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will be exposed to a wide variety of IT and Network systems and will be responsible for Troubleshooting and repairing issues.
Role Specific Duties:
- Assist with the development and deployment of Data Protection solutions.
- Facilitate Data Loss Prevention services, such as: access provisioning, service troubleshooting, policy creation, reducing false positive alerts, and incident review.
- Assure protection of infrastructure data and configure DLP policies.
- Monitor and respond to alerts generated from security tools and other technologies.
- Troubleshoot issues root cause, resolutions, and work with team to escalate issues.
- Perform configuration and environment reviews.
- Submit and manage Technical Support issues.
- Assist in creating reporting analytics and progress reports.
- Administrative responsibilities such as recording all issues into a ticketing system, inventory tracking, and IT documentation control.
- Understand client/stakeholder needs and create a coherent technology vision to meet/exceed their respective expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology or Computer Science preferred. Equivalent work experience can be substituted for college education
- Knowledge of data security, risk and security frameworks preferred
- 5+ years of working in Technical operations
- Hands-on knowledge of Linux/Unix is required
- Scripting experience – Python, Powershell, VB scripting is required
- Basic knowledge of enterprise IT security tools and processes
- Prior exp with COTS products preferred
- Possess strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organize, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter.
- Ability to work in fast- paced, dynamic team environment, while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
At Makpar Corporation we understand that we all need to balance work and life – that is why we have a great benefits package, excellent training and career development opportunities, flexible work schedules along with a generous compensation package. At Makpar, we believe in keeping our employees happy, healthy and engaged. We pride ourselves in providing outstanding benefits, creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, collaborate, and be inquisitive in order to achieve goals.
Start your career today and be a part of something meaningful!