Our company is built of the quality of the service that we provide to our client whether that is maintenance managed professional or the actual technology itself as service. It is all a service. So no matter how strong you are in a technology you are unlikely to be a successful applicant for this role without a proven track record in delivery industry best client services. At TRT we service clients not technology a subtle but key differentiation. In addition, we are looking for applicants that are willing to grow into cross technology specialists as storage networking or server specialists instead of vendor based specialists. The successful applicant must display a resilience in their previous work history that has meant that they have learnt and achieved where others failed to.
The primary functions of a Field Engineer are to resolve incidents that are raised by our customers, and to implement changes and improvements required by customers. Incidents and changes can be related to UNIX and Wintel servers, tape libraries/drives, storage devices, printers and various other pieces of equipment.
- Onsite break-fix hardware maintenance
- UNIX & Windows Operating System onsite support
- Problem Management
- Incident Response
- Customer Communication
- Provide assistance to the GSD Team by working on any ‘open’ or ‘pending’ service call.
- Conduct onsite physical and logical audit for proactive sparing
- Perform quarterly onsite preventive maintenance per assigned customer
- Create preventive maintenance reports
- Create incident reports as required
- Updating TRT internal procedures
- Updating TRT Knowledge Base for future service calls
- Learning additional technical and non-technical skills.
- Ensure all logged incidents are resolved within SLAs
- Ensure all customer communication is prompt, professional and reliable.
- Ensure all commitments made to customers are met, or re-scheduled with the customer’s knowledge and approval
- Escalate calls through correct channels in a timely manner
- Continuously learn additional technical and non-technical skills
- 24 x 7 Support Structure
- Comply fully with company policy to protect the interests of TRT at all times
- Break/Fix Hardware Maintenance:
- Identifying failed hardware
- Involve L2 and/or L3 support as and when necessary
- Documentation of problem resolutions into TRT’s knowledge base
- Ensure procedures are properly followed when onsite.
- Disaster Recovery:
- Escalation to L2 and/or L3 for DR Execution
- Incident Response:
- Call management
- Appropriate escalation to Field Engineer Team Leader when necessary
- Logistics and Service Partner Coordination:
- Coordination with GSD Division for parts needed for a particular call
- Coordination with GSD Division for Inventory Movements.
- Service Call Updates:
- Ensure that all onsite service calls under your responsibility are updated to the GSD Team in a timely fashion.
- OH&S Work Environment:
- Ensure that the technical work areas remain clean and organized at all times.
- Ensure that the warehouse remains clean and organized where practical.
- Ensure that you adhere to ESD procedures.
- Ensure that you adhere to all OHS requirements, including for lifting, cabling, rack-mounting, and equipment in rooms is not obstructing walkways.
- Internal Meetings
- Attend pre-sales meetings, conduct solution design and presentations and answer technical queries from the customer.
- Provide technical guidance and support to Global Support Delivery (GSD) and Field Engineers (FE) for escalated service calls.
- Attend the customer site when necessary to perform escalated hardware or software fault resolution.
- Document technical procedures and processes and update TRT knowledge database from time to time.
IT Specialist / Engineer