Opportunity available for a bright, hardworking, personable individual who has an aptitude for working with computers and the desire to learn skills in working with hardware, software, networks, and other technologies. The right candidate will exhibit strong troubleshooting skills. In your role as IT Field Technician, you will be responsible for providing support for the IT department and being the first in line of support for any queries. You will also be required to support the general office with various troubleshooting tasks, maintaining current systems, and development of new systems. You will also be collaborating with existing IT department on larger-scale projects. The ideal candidate should have extensive IT skills and be proficient with Microsoft packages.
Communication and Documentation are the key factors of your work.
Nice to have but not a requirement:
Seeking a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, or related field. IT certifications e.g. A+, Network+, etc. are a plus. Relevant experience in IT may replace educational requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
IT Field Technician is a key contact to ensuring client satisfaction. This is achieved by proper follow thru, proper triaging and managing of service requests and helping in managing client expectations.
§ Pre-process service requests as they arrive through a ticket system
§ Schedule internal and field technical resources
§ Drive from client to client, also will need to carry printer,workstations and servers to be installed at client location
§ Monitor resource schedules to ensure prompt time entry on service requests
§ Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Driver license
- Must have a car with Insurance
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to effectively communicate through e-mail.
- Ability to remain in contact with the client thru the completion of the incident.
- Problem-solving abilities and ability to meet reasonable deadlines.
- Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships.
- Willingness to develop professionally.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Experience with RMM Software (Labtech) and PSA Software (ConnectWise) a definite plus
1. Deliver customer satisfaction through exceptional service
2. Quickly respond to customer requests
3. Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
4. Escalate service requests that cannot be scheduled within agreed service levels
5. Responsible for entering time and expenses as it occurs
6. Ensure detailed service tickets are maintained for each service request
7. Industry certifications are a plus
Location: Chicago and North side (office in Northfield)
· Miles reimbursement
· Lunch included
· Online training and certifications
· Flexible hours
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Telecommunications Field Technician