Opportunity at a Glance
Federal Work Study student workers assist various departments per the approved positions below. All work performed must be in the context of assisting students.
Approved positions include Activity Assistant, Career Services Student Assistant, Clinical Compliance Assistant, IT/Lab/Help Desk Student Assistant, Library Student Assistant, Registrar Support, Research Assistant, Resident Hall Advisor/Assistants, Student Finance Student Assistant, Student Services Assistant, Academic Support Student Assistant (Tutor/Peer Advisor).
- Assisting students in program debugging and problem solving activities.
- Issuing equipment and materials to students.
- Assisting students with experimental procedures/assignments and results.
- Overseeing students to ensure adherence to safety precautions and procedures.
- Verifying the accuracy of the student's computer program assignments
- Assisting students in obtaining faculty assistance when required.
- Collecting students' laboratory assignments and recording attendance.
- Performing tests on training devices to determine if lab experiment failed as a result of equipment deficiencies or operator error.
- Monitoring software checked in and out by students during lab period.
- Distributing student printouts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be an enrolled student within one of the Adtalem family of Institutes
- Must be Federal Work Study eligible
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Strong leadership skills
- Ethical decision-making abiolities
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Good time management
- Expressed interest or desire to program for a diverse student body
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- The individual demonstrates openness, inclusiveness, sensitivity, and the ability to interact respectfully with all people and understand individuals’ differences.
- The individual is able to work within a team structure, and can negotiate and manage conflict.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Who We Are
Chamberlain University’s mission is to educate, empower and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities and nations. Chamberlain University is an accredited institution comprised of the College of Nursing, which offers a three-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program and flexible post-licensure programs such as the RN to BSN option, Master of Science in Nursing degree program, Doctor of Nursing Practice degree program and graduate certificates, and the College of Health Professions, which offers a Master in Public Health degree program. For the most updated accreditation information, visit chamberlain.edu/accreditation.
Chamberlain University continues to raise the standard of nursing and healthcare education as well as advance healthcare outcomes in communities across the country and around the world. Chamberlain University is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a global education provider headquartered in the United States