The IT Help Desk Technician is responsible for providing first level technical support to Arbor's employees. This position tracks problem reports, trouble tickets, and employee requests, escalating issues to the correct resources as needed. This position is responsible for being able to share advanced technical knowledge in a simple and understandable way ensuring that Arbor's employees have technical issues resolved as expeditiously as possible.
The IT Help Desk Technician will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Serve as the first contact with customers who need technical assistance via the phone or email
- Create and maintain user accounts
- Setup and configure user workstations and telephones
- Perform troubleshooting using different diagnostic techniques
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve technical hardware and/or software issues
- Provide quick resolution and excellent customer service
- Redirect unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide needed information on IT products or services
- Keep record of problems and their resolution
- Provide feedback on processes and make recommendations.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or similar relevant field or professional certifications such as HDI’s Customer Service Representative or Support Center Analyst or the Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) designation.
Experience: 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- In-depth knowledge of computer systems and mobile devices
- Good understanding of basic networking concepts
- Strong familiarity with Active Directory management tools
- Hands on experience with diagnosing and resolving basic technical issues
- Working knowledge of Crestron equipment operation is preferred
- Point of contact for all Audio-Video issues
- Ensure all equipment in good working order
- Assist in setup and operation of equipment for meetings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident and self-motivated to work without direct supervision